Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka 695 bottom metal, any interest?

Tikka 695 bottom metal, any interest?

Good day all. I've had a few requests to make stainless bottom metal for the Tikka 695/595. I'm considering making a small run to test the waters. If anyone if interested, PM me or send me an email.

Regards,
    Paul.
    AKA leelad
    www.prprecisionrifles.com
    On Facebook
    On Instagram

“Where Performance and Elegance meet” P.R. Precision

“Because life is too short to own an ugly gun...”

Super GunNutz
    My 695 was metal (1983 stainless) so wonder when they turned in plastic?
    M695 is a thing of the past with recalls with stainless barrels rusting and blowing up to pressure!
    Not sure that you've chosen a winner there…
    Last edited by 100y; 01-05-2024 at 05:09 PM.

Interesting. The mags are steel but I've only seen/heard of plastic bottom metal on them.
    Regarding bad stainless, I recollect Sakos and T3s being recalled in the early 2000s for this, I haven't heard that the 695/595 series had had those issues previously. On the contrary guys who own them seem to swear by them and say the T3 was a step backwards.
    As far as picking a winner, I agree its an obsolete platform and I don't expect to see huge demand. But there are no options on the market and these are well liked rifles globally. I've had a handful of people ask me about it so I figure I'd raise the question and see who else might be out there.

Regards,
    Paul.
    AKA leelad
    On Facebook
    On Instagram

GunNutz
    Frig yeah, this is awesome news... email inbound
    HBAR or GTFO

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by PR Cook View Post
    Interesting. The mags are steel but I've only seen/heard of plastic bottom metal on them.
    Regarding bad stainless, I recollect Sakos and T3s being recalled in the early 2000s for this, I haven't heard that the 695/595 series had had those issues previously. On the contrary guys who own them seem to swear by them and say the T3 was a step backwards.
    As far as picking a winner, I agree its an obsolete platform and I don't expect to see huge demand. But there are no options on the market and these are well liked rifles globally. I've had a handful of people ask me about it so I figure I'd raise the question and see who else might be out there.

Regards,
    Paul.
    If you search, pretty sure you will find info on barrels recall or failure.
    Let’s do the strip down of my M695 Whitetail:
    + Very sturdy action that last decades.
    + Was coming as a package with scope!
    + Fairly accurate.
    + M695 used market is still bringing very good price because of nostalgic baby boomers!
    - Action lug was in raw steel and was rusting inside the plastic stock.
    - The stainless steel was micro pit surface rusting even with proper maintenance.
    - The owners of the M695 stainless models were never notified by neither the manufacturer or the Canadian distributor at the time of the potential danger of barrel blowout. I’ve learned when I brought my M695 for a firing pin repair to my gunsmith!
    - If you think that’s is hard to take a barrel off a T3 action, then you should try out a M695!

Quote Originally Posted by 100y View Post
    If you search, pretty sure you will find info on barrels recall or failure.
    Let’s do the strip down of my M695 Whitetail:
    + Very sturdy action that last decades.
    + Was coming as a package with scope!
    + Fairly accurate.
    + M695 used market is still bringing very good price because of nostalgic baby boomers!
    - Action lug was in raw steel and was rusting inside the plastic stock.
    - The stainless steel was micro pit surface rusting even with proper maintenance.
    - The owners of the M695 stainless models were never notified by neither the manufacturer or the Canadian distributor at the time of the potential danger of barrel blowout. I’ve learned when I brought my M695 for a firing pin repair to my gunsmith!
    - If you think that’s is hard to take a barrel off a T3 action, then you should try out a M695!
    M695 came out in the 1990s, so not a Boomer gun. M695 had plastic bottom metal. Maybe you are thinking of the earlier model 65 and 55?

Quote Originally Posted by PR Cook View Post
    Good day all. I've had a few requests to make stainless bottom metal for the Tikka 695/595. I'm considering making a small run to test the waters. If anyone if interested, PM me or send me an email.

Regards,
    Paul.
    I'm definitely interested in bottom metal if it's not too expensive. I got a very nice metal bolt shroud some years back from a guy who made them up and sold them on CGN - was it you that made those?
    Last edited by jethunter; 01-06-2024 at 02:35 PM.

I would say if you do go ahead, to contact Intersurplus and Great North Gun and see if theyd be interested in carrying these as they often carry these Tikka models

Yes would like 2 595 bottom metal, but could you do chrome moly?

PMs sent.
    zywina: I'll have to offer a black option for sure. It'll either be blued chromoly or Nitrided stainless. Nitriding is expensive by contrast but would simplify material supply and programming parameters.

Paul.
    AKA leelad
    On Facebook
    On Instagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast