Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynx 180B Upper Receiver Info Thread

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Here's the side plate installed on the upper. The right hand charge model wont have a slot on the side plate. The ambi unit will have slot like the left hand charge model.

No dust cover is needed at all. A MCR bolt seals the ejection port great. Our own BCG will also seal the ejection port.

Just wondering when you plan on introducing your BCG for sale? Shortly after the upper?
    Sorry if I missed that info already?

Looks fantastic!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    If you want to go with a rifle length gas system and a pencil barrel, you may want to wait on the SBI DI BCG. When testing was done on an early production version of a competitor's piston 180 firearm that used a rifle length piston and gas block hanging off a pencil barrel developed an MOA spread on rapid fire, similar to when a heavy suppressor is fitted on a What Would Stoner Do Pencil-barreled AR-15. The competitor has increased the barrel's thickness beyond pencil to compensate. If there is only a lighter AR-15 style gas block and a gas tube hanging off a pencil barrel with a rifle length gas port on a Lynx, it should not have any issue. A carbine length piston and AR-18 type gas block on a carbine length gas-ported pencil barrel is unlikely to have the issue either, as that brings things closer to the gun's center of gravity, and thus no problems have been reported from anyone putting a pencil barrel on a 180 variant with a carbine length port, to my knowledge.
    I think using a single review of a completely new firearm with a totally different barrel nut system, gas system, handguard mounting system etc to extrapolate that its issues will be present on ALL rifle length AR 180s with pencil barrels is a bit ridiculous. Any one, or a combination of all those variables could have equally been the culprit to the "accuracy issues" (accuracy was totally fine imo).

At any rate i am excited by the idea of being able to use quality proven brand name AR pencil barrels in a 180 (like my faxon 18.6 that has been collecting dust) so i may have to invest in one of these uppers to test it out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    I think using a single review of a completely new firearm with a totally different barrel nut system, gas system, handguard mounting system etc to extrapolate that its issues will be present on ALL rifle length AR 180s with pencil barrels is a bit ridiculous. Any one, or a combination of all those variables could have equally been the culprit to the "accuracy issues" (accuracy was totally fine imo).

At any rate i am excited by the idea of being able to use quality proven brand name AR pencil barrels in a 180 (like my faxon 18.6 that has been collecting dust) so i may have to invest in one of these uppers to test it out.
    By all means, this isn't necessarily universal; just because that competitor's firearm's barrel wasn't stiff enough as is, or the WWSD Stoner's barrel shifted with the suppressor doesn't mean that all well. And the accuracy of the tested rifle was still enough that people were buying a limited run of the firearm with the original pencil barrel before the main run came in. So Your Mileage May Vary, do whatever floats your canoe :-) .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    By all means, this isn't necessarily universal; just because that competitor's firearm's barrel wasn't stiff enough as is, or the WWSD Stoner's barrel shifted with the suppressor doesn't mean that all well. And the accuracy of the tested rifle was still enough that people were buying a limited run of the firearm with the original pencil barrel before the main run came in. So Your Mileage May Vary, do whatever floats your canoe :-) .
    It would be interesting if a .625 piston gas block was available, we could test this out with a faxon pencil on one of these 180 platforms. I dont think itd be much less accurate than in its DI form, reasoning being that the bullet should be out of the barrel before the piston starts any substantial travel rearward.

will your BCG come as a complete set or will we need to buy the bolt, firing pin, spring and retaining pin separately?

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    will your BCG come as a complete set or will we need to buy the bolt, firing pin, spring and retaining pin separately?
    We don't have exact details to share at this time, but it will be available as a complete BCG.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    We don't have exact details to share at this time, but it will be available as a complete BCG.
    Perfect! Thank you!

Dose the top of the rail on the upper line up with the rail on the hand guard?