Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynx 180B Upper Receiver Info Thread

Enough talking, shut up and take my money!

And I want two!
    Only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a BIGGER gun

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot762x51 View Post
    ambi charging please and a cover for the left side charging slot ?.
    When we do a right side charging upper we will make a side plate which doesn't have a slot.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    When we do a right side charging upper we will make a side plate which doesn't have a slot.
    oh that's what i wanted to see. any hintnwhen these might be available? i have some ideas that need pursuing

The lower is very nicely made and designed
    Looking forward to the upper
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    oh that's what i wanted to see. any hintnwhen these might be available? i have some ideas that need pursuing
    We don't have an ETA yet. We need to do a lot of prototype testing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rugbydave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    When you do a right side upper you should try and integrate a dust cover (for the charging handle slot, not the ejection port) like the BRN-180. I think (this covers me at least) that most of the people asking for a dust cover aren't looking for retro looks but to seal up the receiver. With the current designs (like the WS-MCR) that left side slot for the charging handle goes all the way back over the trigger group. I've shot in dusty conditions and just watched dust blow into/through the receiver. I haven't had any stoppages but it's obviously not ideal to have such an open receiver. If you were to move the charging handle to the front of your BCG (like the original and the BRN-180) then you could make the charging handle slot shorter and more easily integrate a dust cover. Just a thought, would really be nice to get a well-made 180 with a more sealed up receiver.

Competition rifles don’t need dust covers or forward assists or anything unnecessary that adds weight or complications
    In all the yrs I’ve participated in 3-gun & carbine matches with an AR15 I never saw the need for these bits
    I’m happy this upper will be as svelte as possible
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

But I’ve seen a number of the 180s go down in the middle of a match
    Never had anything to do with crap getting in the receiver that’s for sure

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Competition rifles don’t need dust covers or forward assists or anything unnecessary that adds weight or complications
    In all the yrs I’ve participated in 3-gun & carbine matches with an AR15 I never saw the need for these bits
    I’m happy this upper will be as svelte as possible
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    But I’ve seen a number of the 180s go down in the middle of a match
    Never had anything to do with crap getting in the receiver that’s for sure
    The issue isn't with competition, and its certainly not an issue for your every day user, which is why dust covers can be a premium add-on brought in later in the Lynx's development. As this country gets drier, more and more of it will approach desertification, and even today parts of it have a lot particulate that be kicked up by a good windstorm. If someone is lying prone, waiting patiently to use the rifle next to the ground, the last thing they want is to have grit blown into the action and frack up the trigger and other internals, which the "pop tart slot" as someone lovingly referred to it of the charging handle channel currently allows. The BCG forward and round in definitely nicely block the ejection port, so that makes a cover there very much more optional in this scenario. Having a charging handle cover that allows proper function of the rifle is definitely a nice to have, and certainly not necessary on the opening production run of the lower. It would be cool to see an innovative solution occur later, especially if it could be retrofitted to non-Lynx uppers to market to the larger existing install base.

Ok so I just read about the kd200 , you Ned to start the pre order soon , I want to pay for mine