Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynx 180B Upper Receiver Info Thread

You will make a bunch of sales if you make an upper that uses M C X upper parts - barrel, BGC, charging handle and handguard.

Yes, 2000+ MC X owners will just transfer their parts to the new upper. M CX is essentially an AR18 system put into an AR upper.

Right the way, you will get one of the most refined and reliable upper in the market. SIG did the engineering for you.

Another clue, ZM LR300 designed by Allan Zitta.
    Last edited by greentips; 11-10-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Could SBI see producing side panels as an optional add-on that include a spring loaded popup up dust cover for the charging handle track, like on the FN FNC and Galil Ace? I posted a thread suggesting this on the Black Rifle forum with a video in the post showing the panel on Forgotten Weapons. -> https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...1#post18432431

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is the upcoming gas tube fed BCG from SBI going to use a Stoner pseudo piston, meaning gas is expelled out holes in the side of the BCG after it is used to push the 180 recoil harvesting system and it has rotated the bolt in the BCG, or will it be true direct impingement, meaning all the exhaust is pushed into a blind hole in the BCG, with the gases would escape into the receiver after the BCG was pushed back? Thanks!

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Is the upcoming gas tube fed BCG from SBI going to use a Stoner pseudo piston, meaning gas is expelled out holes in the side of the BCG after it is used to push the 180 recoil harvesting system and it has rotated the bolt in the BCG, or will it be true direct impingement, meaning all the exhaust is pushed into a blind hole in the BCG, with the gases would escape into the receiver after the BCG was pushed back? Thanks!
    We'll post more info about our BCG when we have a working prototype.

As for how the upper is coming along, the geometry is dialed in and we're figuring out final design and production. Expect more soon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Cards close to your chest, fair enough, looking forward to more info when its available, thanks for the response!

Just put a deposit on your lower. I’ve been holding out until you released your upper. Now seems like it’s very close to that time.

I haven’t been this excited for a receiver set since the MS was released. Definitely going to go with a right charge/right ejection… peak aesthetics

Keep up the excellent work, I wish you lots of success.

Super GunNutz
    I’m holding out for the upper as well but it’s so tempting to just buy the wk upper and be done.

Must control myself… lol

Still following developments and excited about them.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    You will make a bunch of sales if you make an upper that uses M C X upper parts - barrel, BGC, charging handle and handguard.

Yes, 2000+ MC X owners will just transfer their parts to the new upper. M CX is essentially an AR18 system put into an AR upper.

Right the way, you will get one of the most refined and reliable upper in the market. SIG did the engineering for you.

Another clue, ZM LR300 designed by Allan Zitta.
    I really want an MC-X upper! To go with my new lower.

This would be excellent.

Will the DI/system bolt be compatible with your piston upper?