Page 1 of 31 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynx 180B Upper Receiver Info Thread

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar

Cool Lynx 180B Upper Receiver Info Thread

Lynx 180B Upper Receiver

The Lynx 180B upper receiver is designed to perfectly complement your Lynx 180B lower receiver. Our upper receiver is CNC machined from billet aluminum offering the highest quality and feature range of any AR-180B upper on the market today.

Disclaimer: Be aware you're buying the first run of a new product. Expect limited support for issues, no instructions on how to assemble the upper, and possibly some minor hand fitting (this is unlikely, but who knows). While we have run thousands of rounds though our prototypes using both WK and MCR guts there may still be teething issues. This product is intended for experienced users. If you know how to build and AR-15 and 10/22 from random parts you should be fine.

Key features:
    • Light weight
    • Rigid design
    • True mil-spec 1913 rail
    • Self-lubricating Oilite piston bushing
    • Billet aluminum, not an extrusion

Only: $299.95
    ---> Click Here To Order From SpectreBallistics.com <---

Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 05-09-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Omg , take my money

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks great! Very interested in how your direct impingement BCG is installed, and it hold up under use. Good luck with your upcoming release!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze11 View Post
    Omg , take my money
    Same here.

Am I correct in guessing you guys are eventually going to be creating your own DI BCG?
    Maybe an MCR/WK adjustable gas block too?

I understand the deal with the redesigned lower but what is improved on your upper ? Getting to be so many options not sure what each does better or what the best one is haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    I understand the deal with the redesigned lower but what is improved on your upper ? Getting to be so many options not sure what each does better or what the best one is haha.
    Our upper is the only one that has mil-spec rail that will actually work with all QD mounts. Mounting an EO Tech on a WK or MCR upper is not possible. We're also aiming to be lighter that the competition. We're also including things like Oilite bushings vs nylon or plain brass so our receiver will last longer without serious maintenance. Finally our 180B platform isn't styled after a brick.

CGN Regular
    Been watching this upper/lower project. Your work looks fantastic. I hate to poo poo a stellar effort but I was really hoping for a BRN 180 style- right ejection/charging, dust cover and funky bent charging handle. I have to wonder if I’m the only one who wants one? I realize it’s all about production costs etc but I have no issues paying the price of admission if the quality is there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Horilka's Avatar
    Works with all AR barrels (gas system dependent on bcg)
    What does this mean? Is this going to be piston? Please yes. Or at least piston option?
    CSSA CPC
    ===
    “Military theory does not account for regular dudes with track pants and hunting rifles” - General Valeriy Zaluzhny

Quote Originally Posted by zak88 View Post
    Been watching this upper/lower project. Your work looks fantastic. I hate to poo poo a stellar effort but I was really hoping for a BRN 180 style- right ejection/charging, dust cover and funky bent charging handle. I have to wonder if I’m the only one who wants one? I realize it’s all about production costs etc but I have no issues paying the price of admission if the quality is there
    I'll second this request for the ability to have a right-side charging handle. As a left-hander, it makes perfect sense to have the charging handle on the right side. Seeing how this receiver has replaceable sides, it should be quite simple to make left and right versions of the plates? As Zak88 said, there are some who are wanting quality over price!

Quote Originally Posted by zak88 View Post
    The goal of this upper is to be compatible with WK and MCR BCG's to allow people to upgrade their rifles with our receiver sets. That means no dust cover. To do something like the original AR-18 for the charging handle and dust cover would really limit the market. Also, this thing is really designed for competition shooting so having an antiquated design to look cool isn't practical. We're not trying to make a retro rifle. If you really want the retro style find an original AR-180B upper and put it on our Lynx 180B lower.

I know a lot of people want a flip open dust cover, but it's really not necessary. Lots of modern firearms like the ACR, SCAR, XCR don't have flip open dust covers. Our BCG and the MCR BCG will cover the ejection port to prevent ingress of dirt, snow, mud...

Page 1 of 31 1234567891121 ... LastLast