Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynx 180B Upper Receiver Info Thread

Love to see these developments, I've been sitting on the fence waiting for the right parts and innovation to build out a couple rifles.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Update for everyone:

Prototype testing is progressing well. We have made some minor changes along the way, but for the most part the receiver is running great. It's being tested with both WK and MCR components to ensure compatibility. So far no issues.

When it comes time to open up pre-orders, we're going to offer the following options:

1) Left hand charging only, right hand eject. (This is what we have shown off so far)
    2) Right hand charging only, right hand eject.
    3) Ambi charging, right hand eject.

Side plates will be aluminum by default. I know a lot of people want steel, but it's complete unnecessary and does not improve wear. The reason WK receivers wear and MCR ones don't is due to clearance around the cam pin and charging handle. We have addressed this and our unanodized prototype aluminum side plats are not wearing at all. We will still offer steel side plates as an optional extra that can be ordered after.

We should be able to announce pricing soon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Great to hear! I know you have to get the uppers out the door first, but is there any more info on the direct gas Impingement bolt control group? And will the DI BCG only work in your upper, or any WK or MCR?

How about engineering the bolt carrier to use AR bolts?
    It would greatly simplify cartridge changes.
    So far all we have for WK and MCR is 7.62x39.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures and pricing for these. Thanks for this!

CGN Regular
    Question.
    What type of handguards are you hoping to make work with your upper? I looked at the MRA AR handguards but they only work with 180 platform and not the MCR. Any recommendations for a guy buying parts over the winter?

Quote Originally Posted by trigger'06 View Post
    How about engineering the bolt carrier to use AR bolts?
    It would greatly simplify cartridge changes.
    So far all we have for WK and MCR is 7.62x39.
    More than a different BCG would be require for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spuhalsky View Post
    Question.
    What type of handguards are you hoping to make work with your upper? I looked at the MRA AR handguards but they only work with 180 platform and not the MCR. Any recommendations for a guy buying parts over the winter?
    We're working to have as much handguard compatibility as possible. The main issue for handguards not fitting is clearance over the gas block. If using a WK or MCR piston system you will need to be aware of that. Our DI system will offer more clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Great to hear! I know you have to get the uppers out the door first, but is there any more info on the direct gas Impingement bolt control group? And will the DI BCG only work in your upper, or any WK or MCR?
    The DI system is still being designed. We'll post more details once we finish the prototype. The DI system will not work with the WK due to the nylon bushing and receiver geometry, but it might work with the MCR. It will be best with our upper however.
    Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 11-10-2021 at 06:30 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    The DI system is still being designed. We'll post more details once we finish the prototype. The DI system will not work with the WK due to the nylon bushing and receiver geometry, but it might work with the MCR. It will be best with our upper however.
    Thanks. The TNA Enhanced upper has a metal bushing, so you may or may not be able to sell the BCG to those who have that upper as well, depending on that receiver's geometry.