Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynx 180B Upper Receiver Info Thread

No plans for brass deflector? Also, I like to think dust cover is ideal even if the BCG was to "cover" the inner part of the rifle since whatever is collected on the exposed surface of the BCG is prone to entering the inside if not wiped off before firing, but it might be just me.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by james_o View Post
    Dose the top of the rail on the upper line up with the rail on the hand guard?
    Not perfectly. There's a lot of variance between different handguards. But it always gonna be a tiny bit high, but it's close enough that it doesn't matter. We had to make it a bit higher to offer to make the rail to proper spec so all optics mounts work. We are looking at making some handguards for this upper.

Quote Originally Posted by kcrlawlghks View Post
    No plans for brass deflector? Also, I like to think dust cover is ideal even if the BCG was to "cover" the inner part of the rifle since whatever is collected on the exposed surface of the BCG is prone to entering the inside if not wiped off before firing, but it might be just me.
    You really don't need a dust cover. Keep in mind there's a gaping hole on the other side of the receiver for the charging handle. It's just for looks on a 180. Personally I've never had an issue with dust and dirt ingress running 180's in 3 gun matches in all conditions.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Not perfectly. There's a lot of variance between different handguards. But it always gonna be a tiny bit high, but it's close enough that it doesn't matter. We had to make it a bit higher to offer to make the rail to proper spec so all optics mounts work. We are looking at making some handguards for this upper.
    If you make a handguard pleeease keep it as thin as possible. I think everyone is tired of big chungus handguards. Also qd would be cool for accessing the gas system for easy cleaning.

I had a feeling you had to raise it in order to make it milspec, and that was my next question if you are looking at making rails to match. Can’t wait to see!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Will you be producing a piston BCG that will use your improved charging handle, or will the DI BCG also work for a Lynx built with a piston? Thanks!

We did some upper testing today. Our upper runs great. ZERO FAILURES.

The production model of the upper will have a brass deflector.

We tested it with both WK and MCR internals.

We also did a snow test. Ran flawlessly.

Last edited by SpectreBallistics; 01-16-2022 at 06:24 PM.

Looks great! Take my money please!

We did some upper testing today. Our upper runs great. ZERO FAILURES.

The production model of the upper will have a brass deflector.

We tested it with both WK and MCR internals.

We also did a snow test. Ran flawlessly.

Looks great !

Any ETA at this point ?
    Prices including shipping DOES NOT include full insurance. Once package is in carrier's hands, it is not my responsibility anymore.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rugbydave's Avatar
    Did I miss it somewhere but is this compatible with current WS-MCR lowers?