Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MRA Maverick Rifle - 308win or 6.5CM

Quote Originally Posted by weasel1 View Post
    Thanks! It's a .308 with a 12.5" barrel.
    Is the 12.5'' super loud? I like the 12.5'', but concern about the velocity loss and noise.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    Is there a specific sort of buffer spring that should be used with the Maverick and/or the Renegade? What sort of spring is incorrect?
    We supply the spring and specify using only our spring throughout the supplied owners manual.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by (!) View Post
    Would accuracy from this type of platform compete with bolt guns? If no, why?
    Since there is no gas system, the barrel is fully floated. We have achieved Sub-MOA accuracy and hit gongs are 600m with the factory 16" Renegade and Maverick rifles. Even the 12.5" guns shoot MOA. I expect one could achieve even greater accuracy with a premium match barrel.

Business Member
    That's interesting, because that's what I was told by one of your employees. Or at least, that's what I understood. If that wasn't the problem, then what was the safety recall for?
    A customer had an out of battery detonation with a home built rifle using incompatible parts and an un-calibrated torque wrench.

No rifle we have ever built has ever had a catastrophic failure.

There was no safety recall, we recalled 12 rifles that shipped with an incorrect buffer however all these rifles passed a function test and test fire before being shipped. We discovered we could make an improvement to the barrels so we held the rifles for a few days longer than expected in order to put the better barrels on them.

Patience is a virtue.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    We supply the spring and specify using only our spring throughout the supplied owners manual.
    Ok. I built up from a Renegade receiver kit, and recall the little bolt spring from the kit going in, but may have used a standard AR buffer spring from a teardown that wasn't going back together due to the OIC. Recycling parts like that was the Renegade's raison d'etre, n'est ce pas?

The booklet does list an MRA spring as a completion part needed but doesn't flag that it's different. Is there a way to tell an MRA spring apart?

(One of the banes of my existence is indistinguishable parts for some device or other, where one is more special than the other but Heaven help me if I get them swapped...)

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakizash View Post
    Is the 12.5'' super loud? I like the 12.5'', but concern about the velocity loss and noise.
    Twelve and a half with a muzzle brake is seriously rude! All depends on how much you enjoy that sort of thing. If I was doing it again I might try without a brake, or with a linear. Use double hearing protection please.

No chrono, so I don't have velocity numbers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple Ridge Armourer View Post
    A customer had an out of battery detonation with a home built rifle using incompatible parts and an un-calibrated torque wrench.

No rifle we have ever built has ever had a catastrophic failure.

There was no safety recall, we recalled 12 rifles that shipped with an incorrect buffer however all these rifles passed a function test and test fire before being shipped. We discovered we could make an improvement to the barrels so we held the rifles for a few days longer than expected in order to put the better barrels on them.

Patience is a virtue.
    Mine is one of these 12. When will they be shipped back out?
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer weasel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    Mine is one of these 12. When will they be shipped back out?
    I called the store on Wednesday. My rifle was completed, but but shipped yet. Marcus (sp?) said the truffles were going to be sent out all at once, but if I wanted, mine could be sent ahead. I was assured yesterday or today. The lack of tracking number tells me that didn't happen. I was miffed when I called on Wednesday, now I'm pissed.
    "We're only immortal, for a limited time." -Rush

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    Ok. I built up from a Renegade receiver kit, and recall the little bolt spring from the kit going in, but may have used a standard AR buffer spring from a teardown that wasn't going back together due to the OIC. Recycling parts like that was the Renegade's raison d'etre, n'est ce pas?

The booklet does list an MRA spring as a completion part needed but doesn't flag that it's different. Is there a way to tell an MRA spring apart?

(One of the banes of my existence is indistinguishable parts for some device or other, where one is more special than the other but Heaven help me if I get them swapped...)
    The Maverick kit requires a very specific spring. Using something like an AR-15 spring in a Maverick would be insufficient to ensure reliable and safe function. This is why we include a specific spring with the Maverick and why we mention this in the owners manual.

The Renegade is functional with a wider variety of springs. Suffice to say, we still recommend function and safety inspections after any manipulation of internal parts including during routine cleaning. Also, we still recommend a licenced gunsmith performs all work on your firearms.

Business Member
    I called the store on Wednesday. My rifle was completed, but but shipped yet. Marcus (sp?) said the truffles were going to be sent out all at once, but if I wanted, mine could be sent ahead. I was assured yesterday or today. The lack of tracking number tells me that didn't happen. I was miffed when I called on Wednesday, now I'm pissed.
    What is your order number?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast