Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First On Line Purchase from Tillsonburg Gun Shop

First On Line Purchase from Tillsonburg Gun Shop

Hats of to the staff at Tillsonburg Gun Shop. I was in a pinch for a couple of boxes of Hornaday V-Max 58 grain 6mm bullets, my local Alberta sources did not have stock on this item but after a bit of a search from our site sponsors I was able to locate them in Tillsonburg. Shipping was prompt and the mailing, tracking and delivery notices were most professional. Thanks guys, look forward to dealing with you in the future. David.

Funny, I just place an order as well, and shipping was next day. Some other online stores should take notes. I have always had great turnaround times with them, and great comms as well.
    Sometimes it is taken, sometimes it is not. But there is no bargain, for here, what is,
    is what must be

CCFR Lifetime Member, CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member, NRA Lifetime Endowment Member

I've ordered a few times from them and they were top notch one day going to make the 2-3 hour drive to them to do some off line shopping :-)

Funny. Placed an order that was for an in stock item. No shipping notice, no communications, and then suddenly it wasn’t in stock, item wasn’t anywhere in Canada. This was very, very recently. Won’t order anything there again. Was given excuses and a runaround. Glad people got good service. Won’t grace the inbox or the doorway

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by TwigPig View Post
    Funny. Placed an order that was for an in stock item. No shipping notice, no communications, and then suddenly it wasn’t in stock, item wasn’t anywhere in Canada. This was very, very recently. Won’t order anything there again. Was given excuses and a runaround. Glad people got good service. Won’t grace the inbox or the doorway
    Fortunately they are a local store to me. Always great service and friendly staff. Seriously, Any online orders are a crapshoot. 6 other folks could be clicking the mouse for the same item and only one in stock. Great shop but don't expect Amazon quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by billbikes61 View Post
    Fortunately they are a local store to me. Always great service and friendly staff. Seriously, Any online orders are a crapshoot. 6 other folks could be clicking the mouse for the same item and only one in stock. Great shop but don't expect Amazon quantity.
    Never expected Amazon in the least, just honesty. Wasn’t impressed. I personally won’t touch that place with a ten foot pole again after the treatment I received. If it’s local to you then that’s perfect. It’s 22.5 hours away from me and they gave me a bull#### excuse, after a bull#### excuse. Poor online service and poor excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by TwigPig View Post
    Never expected Amazon in the least, just honesty. Wasn’t impressed. I personally won’t touch that place with a ten foot pole again after the treatment I received. If it’s local to you then that’s perfect. It’s 22.5 hours away from me and they gave me a bull#### excuse, after a bull#### excuse. Poor online service and poor excuses.
    The lady that contacted me letting me know my item came in was super awesome - she said it was being mailed out that day I received it the following day. Not sure about your situation but if your not happy with the service you got not much we can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    The lady that contacted me letting me know my item came in was super awesome - she said it was being mailed out that day I received it the following day. Not sure about your situation but if your not happy with the service you got not much we can do about it.
    Nope, much anyone can do. Wasn’t meant to slag anyone. Just saying my personal experience. If yours was great then perfect! Mine wasn’t and so be it. But a balanced opinion is a good thing too. If had great dealings with Epps and Cabelas. Many, many haven’t. Just a balanced commentary

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    I've ordered a few times from them and they were top notch one day going to make the 2-3 hour drive to them to do some off line shopping :-)
    Same here. It's about the same time in travelling for me. Their online service is such a quick turnaround and their response time is fantastic, but yeah, it'd be nice to put some names to some faces and browse the store.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

I placed my first online order on Dec 26th. It's Jan 8th and order status is "pending".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast