Springfield SA-35?

"Made here in the United States in Geneseo, Illinois, the new SA-35..."

From a Springfield Armory article on it. So does that quote mean it's 100% made and assembled in the US or could that language still technically mean something like the frame could still be from Turkey?
Labelling "Made in USA" in the US may juat mean that they took the completed Turkish made parts and assembled them into a firearm.

With Springfield Armoury Inc. it is well known that most of their 1911 line is manufactured in South America and assembled in Illinois. Their DA autos are manufactured in Croatia...ect.

I really want to like the Browning Hi-Power because of its history and widespread usage... but I just can't because it likes to bite my shooting hand. I've shot Hi-Powers with shortened spurred hammers and I still get hammer bite every time. I wish someone could make a Hi-Power frame with an extended beavertail to prevent hammer bite. It's only then that I would consider buying one.

I was kinda interested but gun stores in the US are getting their SA-35s in and having them rust shortly after.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Guy who took these pics said it was in his store two days before rust started showing up.

I was kinda interested but gun stores in the US are getting their SA-35s in and having them rust shortly after. Guy who took these pics said it was in his store two days before rust started showing up.

It's not their fault. Trump's wall is being smelted down, and - because Trump's wall was so bad - now even recycled U.S. steel is terrible. It's Trump's fault. :)

Labelling "Made in USA" in the US may juat mean that they took the completed Turkish made parts and assembled them into a firearm.

With Springfield Armoury Inc. it is well known that most of their 1911 line is manufactured in South America and assembled in Illinois. Their DA autos are manufactured in Croatia...ect.

Okay thanks, makes sense. Sounds like it is rather misleading for those of us that care about these sorts of things.

The barrels are stainless. I wonder if there are particles of ferrous steel left in the pistols? Is that staining?

I was kinda interested but gun stores in the US are getting their SA-35s in and having them rust shortly after.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Guy who took these pics said it was in his store two days before rust started showing up.

The barrels are stainless. I wonder if there are particles of ferrous steel left in the pistols? Is that staining?

Has anyone tested the stainless with a magnet?
Some fine stainless steel wool and G-96 will buff that out...
Somewhere along the finishing process ferrous metal has been introduced to the ss .
I'm sure the guys from Reliable will step up with pertinent information for those afflicted with this barrel.
Rob

Back
Top Bottom