Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Springfield SA-35?

Looks interesting, may take a while to get here have to pin mag first.

. definitely in for one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Lee Enfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHands13 View Post
    "Made here in the United States in Geneseo, Illinois, the new SA-35..."

From a Springfield Armory article on it. So does that quote mean it's 100% made and assembled in the US or could that language still technically mean something like the frame could still be from Turkey?
    Labelling "Made in USA" in the US may juat mean that they took the completed Turkish made parts and assembled them into a firearm.

With Springfield Armoury Inc. it is well known that most of their 1911 line is manufactured in South America and assembled in Illinois. Their DA autos are manufactured in Croatia...ect.

I really want to like the Browning Hi-Power because of its history and widespread usage... but I just can't because it likes to bite my shooting hand. I've shot Hi-Powers with shortened spurred hammers and I still get hammer bite every time. I wish someone could make a Hi-Power frame with an extended beavertail to prevent hammer bite. It's only then that I would consider buying one.

CGN Regular
    I was kinda interested but gun stores in the US are getting their SA-35s in and having them rust shortly after.

Guy who took these pics said it was in his store two days before rust started showing up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    I was kinda interested but gun stores in the US are getting their SA-35s in and having them rust shortly after. Guy who took these pics said it was in his store two days before rust started showing up.
    It's not their fault. Trump's wall is being smelted down, and - because Trump's wall was so bad - now even recycled U.S. steel is terrible. It's Trump's fault.
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    Labelling "Made in USA" in the US may juat mean that they took the completed Turkish made parts and assembled them into a firearm.

With Springfield Armoury Inc. it is well known that most of their 1911 line is manufactured in South America and assembled in Illinois. Their DA autos are manufactured in Croatia...ect.
    Okay thanks, makes sense. Sounds like it is rather misleading for those of us that care about these sorts of things.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Riflechair's Avatar
    The barrels are stainless. I wonder if there are particles of ferrous steel left in the pistols? Is that staining?

Quote Originally Posted by Yutrzenika View Post
    I was kinda interested but gun stores in the US are getting their SA-35s in and having them rust shortly after.

Guy who took these pics said it was in his store two days before rust started showing up.
    Maple Leaf Up!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Riflechair View Post
    The barrels are stainless. I wonder if there are particles of ferrous steel left in the pistols? Is that staining?
    Has anyone tested the stainless with a magnet?
    Some fine stainless steel wool and G-96 will buff that out...
    Somewhere along the finishing process ferrous metal has been introduced to the ss .
    I'm sure the guys from Reliable will step up with pertinent information for those afflicted with this barrel.
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

That look more like caked speck of oil than rust…
    I am getting one ..this is of no concern.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast