Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Springfield SA-35?

CGN frequent flyer diabeticfreak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectretheGreat View Post
    I can't see why they couldn't be imported, I just hope the price doesn't get too inflated crossing the border.
    That's what I'm afraid of too
    "The greatest honour history can bestow is that of the peacemaker."

Happy for all you wanting this. Personally, hard pass. I've always been underwhelmed by the Hi Power. 70 years ago I would have been really excited about one.

CGN Regular
    Any 2022 update on this SA-35 coming to Canada?

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDForBrkFst View Post
    Happy for all you wanting this. Personally, hard pass. I've always been underwhelmed by the Hi Power. 70 years ago I would have been really excited about one.
    you were probably just a young guy back then
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Guns and gear presented at or around the shot show take close to a year to trickle to Canada most of the time. ..

CGN Regular
    9mm Hi Powers and 45acp 1911s will always be a classic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew28 View Post
    9mm Hi Powers and 45acp 1911s will always be a classic.
    A 1965 Mustang is a classic, but that doesn't mean a 2022 Mustang is a classic... Seems to me that if you want a classic, you can get the real deal for the same or even potentially less than this new one would cost?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    A 1965 Mustang is a classic, but that doesn't mean a 2022 Mustang is a classic... Seems to me that if you want a classic, you can get the real deal for the same or even potentially less than this new one would cost?
    Semantics, but let me rephrase it. 1935 FN Browning Hi Power and M1911 Colt are original classic semis. There are other classics C96, Lugers, etc. Clones and reproes are such but they bare a lot of resemblance if not identical to the originals and hence in my eyes, they are nice looking guns with a classic design. A 2022 Mustang bares no resemblance to a 1965 Mustang, but I am sure your analogy is just semantics as well.

You are right, this modern repro will cost more than an original but can you find one? If money and storage were not issues that most of us have, I certainly wouldn't mind having this nice classic looking pistol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew28 View Post
    Semantics, but let me rephrase it. 1935 FN Browning Hi Power and M1911 Colt are original classic semis. There are other classics C96, Lugers, etc. Clones and reproes are such but they bare a lot of resemblance if not identical to the originals and hence in my eyes, they are nice looking guns with a classic design. A 2022 Mustang bares no resemblance to a 1965 Mustang, but I am sure your analogy is just semantics as well.

You are right, this modern repro will cost more than an original but can you find one? If money and storage were not issues that most of us have, I certainly wouldn't mind having this nice classic looking pistol.
    The modern mustangs are absolutely reminiscent of mustangs of old - maybe not the 65 specifically, maybe its more like a 68 or something, but you can very much see the physical similarities between current mustangs and at least some years of the classic ones. That was literally the entire point of the redesign in the mid-2000s, to make the mustang return to a look more like its late-60s forefathers, after the mustangs of the 80s and 90s went their own direction.

There is a reason you don't see a lot of clones/repro's of Lugers, C96s, etc, they don't sell well. They are too expensive for the average gun owner who just wants something that goes bang - why buy a repro Luger when you can buy a glock for half the price - and collectors don't want 'em because they're not the real deal. The number of people who want to own a Luger, don't care that its not historically significant, and are willing to shell out twice what you'd pay for a glock or Sig is a small group.

Only time will tell if the SA-35 can buck that trend, although I'm not sure it really fits into that trend either as its not really a repro so much as a modern take on the Hi Power design.

As for finding a classic HP, it looks like theres a few on the EE right now.
    Last edited by Suther; 02-07-2022 at 05:08 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345