Thread: older DAR 22

older DAR 22

I bought a bunch of unused Dlask and Kidd components from a couple different people who intended on building a couple variants of 10/22. I quickly assembled the action but am wondering at the tapped holes for scope bases on the receiver: do these match original Ruger spec? and the receiver top profile looks as though it has a flat center, where the Ruger is convex. Will a factory base, say Warne, EGW actually sit correctly or do my eyes perceive correctly the receiver center is actually flat? in which case I'd need a proprietary Dlask base.

Last question arises because of legal mumbo jumbo and the ambiguous legalities in Kanada: Overall NR length is 26.25"? measured from butt to muzzle so it's possible to mount a Dlask 8" barrel provided total length is 26.25? at least for something that didn't come from a factory and skirts those legal criteria (like a Ranch Hand). Just curious if I need to actually make a restricted in which case I'd just go all the way and stick it in a pistol grip stock later and use the 20" Kidd barrel for now.

BTW these components are slick: the two stage Kidd trigger breaks around 1lb.
    "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." Peter

Sorry it's not an answer per say, but I suggest you call or email Leigh at Dlask Monday, he will let you know the answers to probably everything you wanna know in a matter of a few minutes. I've been there on many occasions and I love their display case with all the DAR 22, Tuf 22, AR, CZ61, CZ 858, 1911 and other parts that they make there or source and improve on. He is very approachable and a great knowledgeable guy to talk to. That being said, if he's hung up or something, Joe is also first rate and knows everything, there is to know about everything Dlask Arms makes or made, as he started it all a ways back. Good luck with the info!

Uber Super GunNutz
    They still sell rails for the dar 22

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Yes, you can use the 8” barrel as long as your overall length is not less than the min length as you stated. So your butt stock cannot collapse below that length. The barrel length minimum is specific to centre fire firearms. Rimfire barrels may be shorter.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck1978 View Post
    Sorry it's not an answer per say, but I suggest you call or email Leigh at Dlask Monday, he will let you know the answers to probably everything you wanna know in a matter of a few minutes. I've been there on many occasions and I love their display case with all the DAR 22, Tuf 22, AR, CZ61, CZ 858, 1911 and other parts that they make there or source and improve on. He is very approachable and a great knowledgeable guy to talk to. That being said, if he's hung up or something, Joe is also first rate and knows everything, there is to know about everything Dlask Arms makes or made, as he started it all a ways back. Good luck with the info!
    Thank you for the props. Always nice to read positive comments on a Monday morning. And you are correct in your advice to New Camper, we have a phone for a reason, call me and let's get you sorted out brother !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman.ca View Post
    Yes, you can use the 8” barrel as long as your overall length is not less than the min length as you stated. So your butt stock cannot collapse below that length. The barrel length minimum is specific to centre fire firearms. Rimfire barrels may be shorter.
    Spot on. There is no minimum barrel length for any rimfire rifle. The only length that matters is the tip-to-butt overall length of the rifle. Just to clear up thee often confusing ruling on whether you can or cannot include a muzzle device in the overall length....YES YOU CAN. I wanted a definitive answer so I emailed the SFSS in Otter-wa and they sent me this reply :

(I have redacted the information I may not be able to share)

Good Afternoon,

The Criminal Code does not specify that a barrel accessory cannot be included in the overall length of a firearm, so you can include it in your measurement.

Please let us know if you have any further questions,

Signed, Senior Lab Technician

Firearm Technology Unit / Groupe de la technologie des armes à feu
    Royal Canadian Mounted Police / Gendarmerie royale du Canada
    Canadian Firearms Program / Programme canadien des armes à feu
    1-800-731-4000 ext/poste: XXXX (ENG), XXXX (FRE)
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Thank you: I can get in contact with Dlask by phone... must review their site first for any other components I may need.
    "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not." Peter