Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rhineland is working on a 9mm FG-42

I’ld buy one even though 9mm is pretty anemic for such a platform. Good choice on the mags though, for such a smallish round.

CGN Regular
    At 1000 or even 1500 I'll take one for sure.
    YEA BABY!

Set up a facility here in Canada, make under license. No FRT required, make receiver here import the other parts.
    The right, always trumph!

I'm admittedly not very well versed in gunsmithing and I get the way lower pressures/wear and tear of pistol rounds but if they were cranking these out 80+ years ago firing 7.92, surely with modern tech in machining/metallurgy these couldn't be that hard to produce in proper rifle cals like 7.62x39? CNC and automated brakes should reduce some of the tooling needs no?

Quote Originally Posted by edmmatt View Post
    I'm admittedly not very well versed in gunsmithing and I get the way lower pressures/wear and tear of pistol rounds but if they were cranking these out 80+ years ago firing 7.92, surely with modern tech in machining/metallurgy these couldn't be that hard to produce in proper rifle cals like 7.62x39? CNC and automated brakes should reduce some of the tooling needs no?
    Building them in a low pressure cartridge like 9mm allows them to use a simple blow back action. Far cheaper to produce. I agree though, I’d love one of these in its original chambering or something else common, but I probably wouldn’t like the price. This is a plinking gun. May as well be in a plinking calibre.

A guaranteed buy for me. I would love an original, but this would be as close as it gets here so I’d be all over it.

I think 7.62x39 or 7.62x51 would have been my choice.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnny the boy View Post
    I like this put on a folder and very Sterling SMG ish.
    I tried to see how it is sterlingish, and the only thing I could come up with was... well I'm still trying to picture a sterling when I look at the picture. I can only come up with 3 thing that relate each other: the caliber is the same, and the original guns of these two designs debuted in the same war. I would love a sterling, but id love this FG-9 a little bit more. It will look pretty sweet beside my P.08 and MP-40. The Sterling would look very nice beside my No.4 Mk1 (T) however!

Quote Originally Posted by 212driller View Post
    At 1000 or even 1500 I'll take one for sure.
    Me too, but I highly doubt they'll be that low
    “When the leaders speak of peace, the common folk know war is coming.”

***!f you're going to use the EE then learn to edit your ads for removal!***

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    I think 7.62x39 or 7.62x51 would have been my choice.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast