Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS legal action update Nov 4 2021

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Janeau's Avatar
    At our area, Guns that are not in the IOC are accepted at the range. Most shooters know nothing about the FRT, or care about it.
    The IOC is law, the FRT, we all know it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    What happens when the feds ban all semi detachable mag rifles? doesn't it become a moot point if this an an ar15 variant or not?

It's too bad it's taking so long. on run on MS guns before the next ban would be awesome.
    Unless it receives royal ascent I wouldn't worry about it much yet.

I made a small contribution, best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    I'm not familiar with legal jargon. But what does it mean if they find the FRT illegal?
    It means some faceless wife beater in Ottawa doesn't get to decide if you change from a citizen to a criminal while you sleep.
    "Let all the poisons that lurk in the mud hatch out." Claudius

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    At our area, Guns that are not in the IOC are accepted at the range. Most shooters know nothing about the FRT, or care about it.
    The IOC is law, the FRT, we all know it is not.
    Unless the firearm shows up in the Canadian Firearm Gazette, what the feds decide is moot.
    Stock ammo high and deep until it encroaches in on your wife's sewing area. Then you have enough.

Did you guys manufacture more than 1000 units of Modern Hunter I was wondering... Firearms program director stated rifles banned in May 1st were those that were known to be more than 1000 ea. unit...

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Did you guys manufacture more than 1000 units of Modern Hunter I was wondering... Firearms program director stated rifles banned in May 1st were those that were known to be more than 1000 ea. unit...
    No. The modern hunter by comparison to some others was a very small number. I would estimate 350-400 units.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    No. The modern hunter by comparison to some others was a very small number. I would estimate 350-400 units.
    My only regret since having a pal is missing a modern hunter in .308.

Thankfully I have several of your other offerings and am beyond happy to keep them.

You guys made the nicest semis I’ve personally put my hands on.

If the chance ever arrives to get a modern hunter I will be in line.
    Buyer pays shipping and insurance on any EE sale unless explicitly stated otherwise in the ad or agreed upon as part of the deal.

All posts made by me are my opinion, and you must do your own research

CGN Regular
    If any of these legal challenges are successful would that mean we could buy this stuff the next day?

Must be a few M14’s and others sitting in the back rooms of gun stores in Canada that need some love.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston111 View Post
    If any of these legal challenges are successful would that mean we could buy this stuff the next day?

Must be a few M14’s and others sitting in the back rooms of gun stores in Canada that need some love.
    The ATRS legal challenge is specific to the ATRS Modern series of rifles, which were not banned by name in the OIC. It's success would have no effect on the rifles written on the May 1st 2020 OIC.

It MIGHT have an effect on other rifles named after-the-fact, but as it stands this challenge is specific to ATRS' rifles.