Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS legal action update Nov 4 2021

I'm not familiar with legal jargon. But what does it mean if they find the FRT illegal?
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Bump
    Within the Vacuum of Infinity...

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    I'm not familiar with legal jargon. But what does it mean if they find the FRT illegal?
    Hopefully it will mean rifles would be classified by the actual classification parameters and not random lab tech opinions. Theoretically it could make currently FRT prohibited and restricted rifles nonrestricted as long as they have barrels longer than 18.5" and an OAL of 26 inches. Then again who knows what might actually happen. I certainly don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DMR Hunter View Post
    Hopefully it will mean rifles would be classified by the actual classification parameters and not random lab tech opinions. Theoretically it could make currently FRT prohibited and restricted rifles nonrestricted as long as they have barrels longer than 18.5" and an OAL of 26 inches. Then again who knows what might actually happen. I certainly don't.
    Where did they get the 18.5" length from? Why not 16" or 14.5"?
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    The law makes those restricted. Difference between legislation, regulation, OIC, and bureaucratic 9ver reach.

IMO, what it would.do for ATRS is.nothing, they are arguing the firearms added by the bureaucrats. If they win, those frt's should revert to their previous classifications. Maybe destroy the entire frt system.

Should Wolverine win, the probability is the "nullification " becomes a revocation. Best scenario, their rifles.go back to their previous classification. However, all of those "nullification " letters would then need official revocation letters, opening the government to 10's of thousands of s.74 challenges.

Giant hassle, expense, and delay. Possibly all thrown out, bring in a actual bill, which we have seen takes something like 18 months. Doesn't jive with Trulanders stated goal of spending 600 million to get a majority , before the scope of his covid spending hits home.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Personally I am sick and tired of all these AR180 platforms.. the possibility of the Modern Sporter coming back is the one & only thing that excites me.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    Historically the M1 carbine was the "SKS" of the 1970's it was the cheap military surplus being phased out by the US military, 18.5" was chosen in C-51 to capture them in the new restricted class as the M1 carbine has an 18" barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    At the time the law was written; Most of the cool guns had a barrel shorter than 18.5 inches.
    So the law was written to capture as many of those cool guns as possible.

Years later; Manufacturers started making cool guns for us specifically with 18.6" barrels to work around the law.

Donation inbound. Give em hell.

Donation sent.