Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a "black" or "green" rifle?

CGN Regular

What's a "black" or "green" rifle?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I figured the newbie forum would be the best place to post it!

I've seen people write stuff about "black" rifles or "green" rifles...can someone tell me what this means?

= Guns that scare Soccer moms & Liberals therefore must be classed as Restricted. They're only good for mowing down vast columns of nuns holding babies.

Scary stuff...
    Covert ceramic knives for sale in Exchange of Blades Forum.
    2PPCLI - '95-'05

It means so called tactical or assault type rifles such as AR-15s - typically but not exclusively restricted long rifles.

In a sense it is unfortunate that there is this separate division in the forums since it perpetuates the myth that there is something fundamentally "different" about these types of firearms when really they are mere cosmetic differences in many cases. This only affirms the government's decision to restrict and prohibit rifles based on their appearance.

A black or green rifle is in many cases precisely that: a rifle that appears black or green!
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

CGN Regular
    ok, that's kinda what I thought they meant but wasn't sure...

what if you have a pink AR15, does that count? :D

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by wherermykeys View Post

It's been done! Seems to me you'd have a genuine poodle shooter with one of those though.. :D

CGN frequent flyer

what if you have a pink AR15 :D
    They are looked on with more fear , by the soccer moms and hoplophobs, because they look like a toy and we can't have toy guns now , can we.

Lots of guys across the border like them pink ones for their daughters. Unfortunately, I only have a niece and she's into girlie things and not stuff like shooting...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CGN Regular
    hang on, you can actually buy a pink AR???

why of course,we don't want to be discriminatory do we?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by skirsons View Post
    It means so called tactical or assault type rifles such as AR-15s - typically but not exclusively restricted long rifles.

In a sense it is unfortunate that there is this separate division in the forums since it perpetuates the myth that there is something fundamentally "different" about these types of firearms when really they are mere cosmetic differences in many cases. This only affirms the government's decision to restrict and prohibit rifles based on their appearance.

A black or green rifle is in many cases precisely that: a rifle that appears black or green!
    Always seemed weird that the AR-10T, Remington 750, and M14S/M305 wouldn't share the same forum.

Also it seems that if new posters are going to be jumped on for referring to guns as 'assault rifles' or 'SMGs', then perhaps the subforum description should be changed to something other than:

"Black and Green Rifles
    Assault rifles and SMGs for people with good taste."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast