Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 1 - Initial Details and Pre-Firing Impressions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Good write up Mark!!!
    Looking forward to the range review
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Damn. I’m getting very excited. Amazing to hear an a2 adapter is en route, too! I’ll have to treat it like a normal modern gun for a while before geeking out and making a classic service rifle build, and that’s a-ok with me! It’s very reminiscent of the MCX in terms of aesthetics and customization

CGN Regular
    That is quite a comprehensive review! Thank you for taking the time and looking forward to part 2.

Mark, you are a Class Act!!! 110%...very nice indeed, Thank You!!
    Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

"SUCK MY FAT ONE YOU CHEAP DIMESTORE HOOD"

Thanks for the detailed review. Looking forward to part 2 next week.

Thanks for the details! If I stay in kanada, I’m getting 1
    X22
    There's a bullet in my pocket burnin' a hole

CCFR

CGN Regular
    I asked this on the other thread (did not receive an answer) I am always curious as to the history behind a manufacturer of a rifle. This is for warranty and future part concerns. Seeing as how there is no website for sterling arms international London uk and the only information regarding this company is “Name changed from Assured Mortgage Corporation to Sterling Arms International Inc.” February 2020in Calgary Alberta Who is actually making these firearms?

The center of axis of the stock adaptor needs to move higher to be inline with the center of axis of the massive bolt carrier. The top of the stock extension should be lined up with the twin spring loaded guiding rods This makes sure the bolt carrier mass recoils directly inline with stock extension tube. This also reduces the height or possibly the need of cheek riser needed to correctly use A R 1.5" standard scope mount. This is the same problem with B&T too, stock is not in line with the hydraulic buffer center line. Their Canadian version of A R stock tube adaptor fixed that probmem, but their American counter part has the same issue.

I like the Nemo arms inspired barrel nut /receiver interface. I would rather see the handguard attaching using the HK/Giessele single or double cross bolt method instead of 4 small screws that may need locitite.

The handguard needs to have full length 1913 rail. Cannot put LAD and surefire dual switch on it without rail at 12'. Putting holes at 12' means rising hot air is going to burn hand and obscure sight picture using high power scope.

I think the fluted barrel in the last 3" looks nice. For practicality I would gladly take a lower price tag ( less machining time, less risk in stress relief ) with a plain 0.625" dia.

I would rather have a small B&T style charging handle instead of a big round knob. The charging handle is only used for administration purpose since the rifle has bolt release.
    Last edited by greentips; 11-06-2021 at 11:28 AM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The center of axis of the stock adaptor needs to move higher to be inline with the center of axis of the massive bolt carrier. The top of the stock extension should be lined up with the twin spring loaded guiding rods This makes sure the bolt carrier mass recoils directly inline with stock extension tube. This also reduces the height or possibly the need of cheek riser needed to correctly use A R 1.5" standard scope mount. This is the same problem with B&T too, stock is not in line with the hydraulic buffer center line. Their Canadian version of A R stock tube adaptor fixed that probmem, but their American counter part has the same issue.

I like the Nemo arms inspired barrel nut /receiver interface. I would rather see the handguard attaching using the HK/Giessele single or double cross bolt method instead of 4 small screws that may need locitite.

The handguard needs to have full length 1913 rail. Cannot put LAD and surefire dual switch on it without rail at 12'. Putting holes at 12' means rising hot air is going to burn hand and obscure sight picture using high power scope.

I think the fluted barrel in the last 3" looks nice. For practicality I would gladly take a lower price tag ( less machining time, less risk in stress relief ) with a plain 0.625" dia.

I would rather have a small B&T style charging handle instead of a big round knob. The charging handle is only used for administration purpose since the rifle has bolt release.
    These are great suggestions.

The handguard is simply the SAI 102 rail. I am sure guys like MRA will have "after market" rails in no time to fit the R18 MK2. ;-) We also have been told that SAI will share a drawing of the barrel nut with any manufacturer that wishes to make after market rails (even a barrel nut) so they already can start with the proper dimensions.

When I asked SAI to embark on this project, my concept was to try to avoid re-inventing the wheel where possible.
    Last edited by TSE JR; 11-06-2021 at 11:58 AM. Reason: additional clarification
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchCDN View Post
    I asked this on the other thread (did not receive an answer) I am always curious as to the history behind a manufacturer of a rifle. This is for warranty and future part concerns. Seeing as how there is no website for sterling arms international London uk and the only information regarding this company is “Name changed from Assured Mortgage Corporation to Sterling Arms International Inc.” February 2020in Calgary Alberta Who is actually making these firearms?
    Sterling Arms coordinates and QC's the manufacturing / assembly; providing TSE with a finished product.

As the Canadian "distributor", TSE and Target Sports will do all warranty. Parts will be plentiful.

All rifles will come with a one year guarantee.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast