Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 1 - Initial Details and Pre-Firing Impressions

Amazing

Beautiful rifle. We all want one for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kwonnypooh View Post
    Thank you for everything ! Any chance for 308 or 300 black out near future?
    308 would be a whole new rifle. 300 black out would simply be a barrel change. You would just need a NR length barrel with appropriate gas length. Then you may have to tune the gas port to get it to cycle reliably depending on the ammo you use or wait for an adjustable gas block to be available.

Hey, I’ll get a mk2 and mk3, so no worries there.

CGN Regular
    I am in for 1 at least.

Tagged for interest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Tagged.
    1944 - 18 year old men stormed the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2021 - 18 year old boys need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.
    2022 - 18 year old boys aren't sure what bathroom to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Unfortunately, due to a change in personal circumstance (nothing too serious), I am unable to visit the Range today as planned for Accuracy and Reliability testing of the R18 Mk2. As a result, Part 2 of my Review will have to wait a few extra days. My apologies for the added suspense, which is not at all intentional on my part. I should be able to attend the Range on Wednesday this week, so anticipate publishing Part 2 - Live-Fire Accuracy and Reliability Results on Thursday or Friday at the latest.

C'est la vie....

Excited to hear how it shoots.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pirate604's Avatar
    Wow this thing looks great! Thanks for the review, I always find your reviews nice and through and a fun read.
    I have put off buying a WK180/MSR/ what ever for a while as I have found them to be a little lacking in refinement and have been hoping something better would come along. I subscribe to the "buy once, cry once" philosophy and it looks like this will be my Cry Once.
    Dare I ask? What sort of time frame are we looking at with these? And how many will be initially available?

Also...
    If Ye Hath Fought Like a Man, Ye Needen't Hang Like a dog.

I was by TSE today and they had one on the wall! It was night and day compared to the WK above it. R18 was balanced and the ergonomics were very much like that of an AR. Zero play between upper and lower. Everything felt familiar. Yep...I'm in...now to wait for builder sets. *starts saving pennies*

Maybe I am in the minority, but I am still sceptical at this point on this Mary Shelley rifle. I think it's awesome that there will be another Non-Restricted black rifle don't get me wrong we need more in the wild, but with that asking price this thing is going to have to compare to other high end manufactured proven rifles. I am not at the take my money stage at this point.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”