Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 1 - Initial Details and Pre-Firing Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    What is the weight of the rifle?
    it is right there in my review: "The R18 weighs 3.6 kg or 7.9 lbs unloaded, “naked” from the factory. (By way of comparison, a WK180 is approx. 7.3 lbs)"
    Mark C

BANNED
    Always support canadian made firearms for its our duty to defend freedom in the days ahead with endless lockdowns and evils.

money is waiting on my end... these look great!

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Gundoggy View Post
    I would wait until the version with higher stock adapter position is release.
    stock looks lined up with the barrel pretty good to me. so maybe milimeters lower then the mass of the bolt carrier. I do not see an issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by m j View Post
    stock looks lined up with the barrel pretty good to me. so maybe milimeters lower then the mass of the bolt carrier. I do not see an issue there.
    Yes, the Buttstock IS well-aligned with the centerline of the R18 Mk2. The pictures may suggest otherwise, but I can assure you that the Buttstock is aligned with the Operating Rods and Springs. I only suggested an additional Picatinny slot above the existing arrangement so that folks could acquire a cheek-weld above the Center-Line of the rifle, thus forcing the muzzle downwards under recoil.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    It is clearly an upgraded version with refinements. Is it worth twice the value of others? As for a crystal ball, there is a long history on CGN of hype threads boosting price tags. We'll see. It is with some irony how the AR-18/0 core purpose and pricing concept has been turned on its end. It is what we are left with. Good review though.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Regular
    Looking forward to the shooting review

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    It is clearly an upgraded version with refinements. Is it worth twice the value of others? As for a crystal ball, there is a long history on CGN of hype threads boosting price tags. We'll see. It is with some irony how the AR-18/0 core purpose and pricing concept has been turned on its end. It is what we are left with. Good review though.
    The retailer has quoted a price of $2600 for the fixed-Buttstock Mk2, so it will be up to him to satisfactorily explain any price increase as the rifle goes to market. We shall see indeed, but at the end of the day pricing is not my purview. As a potential customer I am as interested in maintaining a reasonable retail price as the next guy!

Personally, I don't see any particular irony in turning the original AR180B concept of a low-cost, easy to manufacture rifle on its ear with a more refined and modernized offering. There are still numerous, Canadian-manufactured "economy" AR180B riflles on the market for those looking to adhere to the low-cost original concept. Given the ongoing government-imposed demise of the AR15 however, it only makes sense to further refine the few remaining Canadian Non-Restricted operating systems such as the AR180B in order to produce viable alternative modern sporting rifies for the hungry Target and Action Shooting markets. Subject to satisfactory accuracy and reliability results, the R18 Mk2 has the potential to at least partially supplant the AR15 in Canadian civilian use - assuming that it is not Prohibited by Lieberal fiat somewhere along the way. The price of admission is admittedly steeper than we (including the retailer) would all prefer, however that is simply the reality of current First World manufacturing costs.
    Mark C

Unfortunately, due to a change in personal circumstance (nothing too serious), I am unable to visit the Range today as planned for Accuracy and Reliability testing of the R18 Mk2. As a result, Part 2 of my Review will have to wait a few extra days. My apologies for the added suspense, which is not at all intentional on my part. I should be able to attend the Range on Wednesday this week, so anticipate publishing Part 2 - Live-Fire Accuracy and Reliability Results on Thursday or Friday at the latest.

C'est la vie....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-07-2021 at 04:59 PM.
    Mark C

Thanks for the in-depth look Bartok, I like a lot of what this rifle offers so far. The tough question is whether it's worth it to wait for the Mk3 or not. Sadly, recent history suggests that those who snooze, lose.