Thread: A basic question that Covid make me forget - firearm transportation

CGN Regular

A basic question that Covid make me forget - firearm transportation

Hey folks, I forget the rule - if I am going to the shooting range after work, but too lazy to go back to my home to get my firearms, can I bring them to work with me and leave them in the car, locked and out of site? What I think is that for non-restricted I can do this, but for restricted I should not do this.

But then I second guess myself because the regs say all you have to do is take the most direct route to the shooting range, so in theory, stopping along the way is physically direct... just not temporally direct.

CGN Regular
    How can covid make you forget?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Lol no, stopping at work for a day would not satisfy the restricted transport regulations. But you do you.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Cocked&Locked's Avatar
    The following is advice from someone (me) who suffers from CS (common sense):

If I was going to a gun range after work and my home was not handy and along the way, I'd bring everything with me and keep it out of sight in the car (in the trunk or at least covered with a blanket).
    Depending on your work situation and what equipment you have, you could bring your innocuous looking Pelican case inside with you for the day if that suits.
    We are annoyed by the assumption on the part of certain public figures that the citizen should be able to prove the need for the citizen to acquire a means of protecting himself. The citizens personal needs are certainly no business of the state. Liberty, when it's in place, grants the right of the citizen to do what he chooses, as long as he does not stamp on the rights of others.
    JEFF COOPER

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

CGN Regular
    lol omg someone just told me this expression “you do you”. it’s the most weird and annoying thing I don’t even get it.
    so the popcorn emoji suggests this may end interestingly if I leave the the thing in the car.
    anyhow sounds like it’s open to interpretation. maybe I’ll call the CFO for a tip …

CGN Regular
    haven’t been to the club in 2 years. it’s been 5 years since my PAL.
    look you remember these things when you talk about them and small talk at the range.

CGN Regular
    Must take most direct route from residence to the range. Simple as that. Dont forget your paper PAL conditions paper (lots of people dont bother carrying it because it's paper which will degrade over time) and paper work for each restricted. Make sure sure you do not lock paperwork in the case with firearms. Each of my restricted has it's case where paperwork for it sits and papers come out when gun leaves the house just in case if a cops asks to see it for whatever reason but you'd be surprised how many people forget to take papers out before they hit the road.