Thread: Joining a range/gun club suggestions?

CGN Regular

Joining a range/gun club suggestions?

Recently received my PAL. I have inherited a couple 22s (and a 12g shotgun). All of which I have yet to shoot as I need to find a place to do so (I didn’t make it up North for my off roading trip this year on legal crown land where I was intending to try them out).

I’m in a south west Ontario area and am looking for recommendations. Colby gun club/shooters choice is only about 5-10 mins from home and I was a member there before covid for archery. But the gun range looks very small and kinda dark.

I am torn whether to opt to apply for a membership for an out door range and skip out shooting till nice weather. Or get an indoor membership at shooters choice or triggers and bows (about a hours drive but a nicer range).

Indoor would allow me to try em now and see if shooting is something I want to delve into more. But the outdoor obviusly offers more options for different disciplines ect.

What say you all. Any recommendations? Suggestions for ranges to check out. Are there any places I can go that I can pay to shoot and don’t need a membership?

You are in a pretty bad area when it comes to gun ranges.
    What I mean by that, you can't just buy a membership and start shooting...

There are insanely long waiting lists around here (my buddy has been on a waoting list for Twin City Rifle in New Hamburg for no less than 7 years)
    Your best bet might be Bridgeport Rod and Gun..I thik they are the only club in the area still accepting new members..

Select Shooting Supplies might still be taking on members for their indoor range, but it is pricey as hell...I know someone who's paying $1200 per year (but he does have the gold membership so the other levels might be cheaper)
    "Gun control" is a feel good term, which is designed to disquise the globalist disarmament efforts under the pretense of fighting crime.