Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    I like this rifle ....but I wonder if there will be a Gen 1...Gen 2...Gen 3...etc....I would like to own one but being the first ones out there it may have bugs in it that may come out in time ....
    Very nice rifle ...but again a wee bit pricey ....more than an h&k sl-8.....
    I don’t care what or who says this or that ....you are not going to come even close to German or Swiss engineering and machining...
    They are the best
    So please make this lovely rifle come down in price
    Please make it reliable
    Also in 308 ...
    I’ll be watching and waiting
    And again cheers to you folks to bring this to market....thank you for all your time and effort on this project
    And thank you
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    Oh, I very much trust your groups.

This is a semi auto and is performing where I would expect it to.

It isnt supposed to be a sub MOA precision rifle.
    Your screeching sure is lending credence to your argument. If you refuse to believe there are people who can achieve sub moa with finely tuned handloads out of a MCR, you're either shilling or lost. Time to hit the optometrist.
    You've been in a coma for 6 years. If you can read this, we're trying to get through to you. Please... wake up.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cuto85 View Post
    Your screeching sure is lending credence to your argument. If you refuse to believe there are people who can achieve sub moa with finely tuned handloads out of a MCR, you're either shilling or lost. Time to hit the optometrist.
    Post up your 5x5 groups of sub moa, witnessed at the range - no called flyers and I will emt you $20.

A BT APC 223 won't do it so a budget 180 won't.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuto85 View Post
    If you refuse to believe there are people who can achieve sub moa with finely tuned handloads out of a MCR...
    Seriously? A "Finely tuned MCR"? I think he is calling out people claiming those things as 'consistent sub-MOA' rifles as (rightly) full of sh!t.

What does it have to do with this R18 rifle?
    Well for starters, if people are looking for a new rifle and see honest photos of realistic groups here, but listen to snake oil salesmen claiming another, similar but cheaper rifle will out-perform it by an exceptional margin, then I think there is good reason to call out those posts for what they are; horse sh!t.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchCDN View Post
    Triggers do change the accuracy outcome of a rifle. No matter how good of a shooter one is, there can be mechanical limitations to a triggers ability due to heavy pull, or just a sloppy trigger.

Like the X95, I don’t even know when it’s going to break and there is so much slop. No matter how hard you try you max out at a certain point due to the limitation of the trigger. Put in an aftermarket trigger pack and Lightning Bow and immediate results.
    Well, agree to disagree on that one...

Quote Originally Posted by davide montini View Post
    I like this rifle ....but I wonder if there will be a Gen 1...Gen 2...Gen 3...etc....I would like to own one but being the first ones out there it may have bugs in it that may come out in time ....
    Very nice rifle ...but again a wee bit pricey ....more than an h&k sl-8.....
    I don’t care what or who says this or that ....you are not going to come even close to German or Swiss engineering and machining...
    They are the best
    So please make this lovely rifle come down in price
    Please make it reliable
    Also in 308 ...
    I’ll be watching and waiting
    And again cheers to you folks to bring this to market....thank you for all your time and effort on this project
    And thank you
    You make no sense. You claim the R18 Mk2 is too expensive (for you), but you want it to be reliable and in a different calibre - both of which cost development money! You claim that the R18 can never compete with a bastardized G36 or other Euro-trash rifle, but are also concerned that the rifle may grow and improve in the future - just like those very same Euro rifles have done during their 25(+) year (G36) development history. Huh? Like, WTF?!? You are a walking, talking bundle of confusion, contradiction and apprehension.

As a strong guess, I'd venture that the R18 is not for you. Stick to your German "plastic 2x4" with the ergonomics of a brick. That's the safe bet....
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-14-2021 at 04:38 AM.
    Mark C

The more I read on this site lately the more my BS detector goes up and I realize a lot of posters either must be incredibly gifted shooters or don't shoot very much at all.

The accuracy of this gun looks to be on par with any other semi auto.

Before the IOC every rack grade AR I shot (non free floated, or modified extensively) shot 3 MOA there or about with bulk ammo. The same kind of ammo used in this test.

When I had my X95 it shot the exact same as those AR's maybe even a hair tighter groups.

When people think any of these types of platforms will shoot 1 MOA all day with bulk orders from Tenda I call BS.

Heck some bolt guns are hard to get to shoot 1MOA all day.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

CGN frequent flyer speedjunkiesracing's Avatar
    The R18 is what I want.
    A pencil barrel that hopefully balances the rifle better.
    Needs to be 2-3 MOA with shxt ammo.
    The Toecutter, He knows who I am

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    I don't get the obsession with accuracy?

If someone wanted to shoot that slowly and accurately; Wouldn't they be using a bolt-action rifle?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I don't get the obsession with accuracy?

If someone wanted to shoot that slowly and accurately; Wouldn't they be using a bolt-action rifle?
    This!