Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

GunNutz
    No need to waste time here. People who willing to buy it must have already called or emailed to sign that list on TSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    I don't get the obsession with accuracy?

If someone wanted to shoot that slowly and accurately; Wouldn't they be using a bolt-action rifle?
    i think accuracy came up because the original review compared the rifle to the wk/ws. so, while most seem good with a 2-3 moa rifle out of the box, how does the stock accuracy of the r18 compare to a wk? that was where it all came from. even if the original review didn't make the comparison people would be doing it themselves regardless - twice the price, looks cooler, lighter but due to barrel and less accurate (comparatively) as a result? doesn't work so well in the cold. anything else about potential double ejectors or heavier springs is just speculation (albeit informed i suppose) that requires proving by the vendor and not the reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawakita View Post
    No need to waste time here. People who willing to buy it must have already called or emailed to sign that list on TSE.
    This thread is for discussion of the new rifle, so is (in my estimation) a great place to waste time! That said, what is this TSE "list" you speak of, and how does one get their name on it?!?
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-14-2021 at 01:43 PM.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    Post up your 5x5 groups of sub moa, witnessed at the range - no called flyers and I will emt you $20.

A BT APC 223 won't do it so a budget 180 won't.
    How about 5k. Let's put your money where your mouth is. Let's say the cost of a new APC.
    You've been in a coma for 6 years. If you can read this, we're trying to get through to you. Please... wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    Seriously? A "Finely tuned MCR"? I think he is calling out people claiming those things as 'consistent sub-MOA' rifles as (rightly) full of sh!t.

What does it have to do with this R18 rifle?
    Well for starters, if people are looking for a new rifle and see honest photos of realistic groups here, but listen to snake oil salesmen claiming another, similar but cheaper rifle will out-perform it by an exceptional margin, then I think there is good reason to call out those posts for what they are; horse sh!t.
    You obviously can't read so there's no point in furthering discourse with you.
    You've been in a coma for 6 years. If you can read this, we're trying to get through to you. Please... wake up.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by zak88 View Post
    This!
    You have no cut off point? 4 to 5 MOA is good then?
    Not everyone is using these for pop can shooting, or whatever.
    If nobody cared about accuracy the why all the aftermarket parts that enhance accuracy?
    Barrels,triggers etc?
    I think these guns shooting 2 ,3MOA are acceptable .
    But if you start adding good triggers, good barrels ,etc then 1 MOA should be doable with good components.
    I’ve owned them all pretty much and with the right hand loads, they’re all capable of MOA ish.
    God knows I’ve spent a small fortune on reloading/shooting the Xlr/MS/Jard/su16, and could only get MOA.
    If I recall The couple of MS I’ve owned were shooting a little Les than MOA, but not constantly enough for me to call it a consistent sub 1 MOA rifle.
    I’m sure there are hand loaders who are way more anal than me, who could do better.

I’m sure this is a great off the shelf rifle for the plinkers,3 gunners but for me , I’d rather a sort of partially built set.
    I’d like to be able to choose my own barrel/ trigger.
    I don’t really care about the rest.

I’ve settled for that.

Super GunNutz
    I’ve never had a semi that could shoot the same ammo any better ,as Bartocs test rifle did rifle did.

Quote Originally Posted by cuto85 View Post
    How about 5k. Let's put your money where your mouth is. Let's say the cost of a new APC.
    Let him be, he's just mad he cant afford the APC, and the fact that he has now observed how the R18 mk2 is just a polished wk180
    xD

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    This thread is for discussion of the new rifle, so is (in my estimation) a great place to waste time! That said, what is this TSE "list" you speak of, and how does one get their name on it?!?
    Appreciated for spending tons of your time on testing and writing up. I would think the info you passed is fair enough and sufficient for the people who willing to buy. I got the following response from TSE for “list”

“ At this time we are not taking pre-orders, however I am keeping a list of people interested. If you wanted to provide me with your name and phone number I am more than happy to add you to the list.

Once we have production rifles available to sell we will be contacting those on our list to confirm order at that time.

We do not yet have a firm launch date, however it can be expected within the next week or two.

Thanks again for your interest. “

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cuto85 View Post
    Let's do 250 let's be reasonable.

5X5 all under 1 MOA with no fliers allowed. Find a 3rd party witness and I will pay them $50 to meet you at the range unless you are in YYC.

Cold bore included.

You want 1 attempt or 2?