Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

tl;dr this gun is probably more accurate than 90% of shooters are from a rest.

2moa is perfectly good for sport shooting or larping.
    Plus it do be looking pretty cute

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I think for a light profile barreled, piston operated firearm shooting bulk ammo the accuracy results are both predictable and acceptable. I don't see what all the b!tching and moaning is all about?
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    I don’t use plebbit, and sub-moa stock 180s aren’t a real thing. That said I’m happy this gun is at least servicable. Not super happy about the picatinny as I’m an A2 fixed stock kinda guy but I’m sure with the added height they’re planning i’m sure it’ll work fine.
    Last edited by AskMeAboutMyBandcamp; 11-15-2021 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Hit send before completing thought

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I'd say that in the case of the R18, your argument against the Picatinny Buttstock interface has been heard but rejected. The rifle's developer has his reasons, which make good sense. Your choices now are to buy anyways, or move on. Hey - at least you got to voice an opinion....
    Fair. Heard, maybe seen, yes. Rejected? Not likely. More ignored since it seems to have been decided on already by the manufacturer. To be fair it doesnt have to be "buy or move on". Along with your review I'd hope they'd enjoy community recommendations for what will obviously be a moderately retweeked mk3, which this thread is chalk full of.

Not everyday the consumer can directly engage in convo with the manufacturer. Always good to hear out your target demographic.

With all do respect, you seem to be mighty defensive over a rifle you're independently reviewing and have no affiliation with. Upset or not, your msgs come across to casual posters a bit intense when most of us are just sharing opinions or represent the masses. Lighten up a bit. We're all pumped for this rifle (14pgs and counting) and all want it succeed. Its clearly looking to be a top tier option for our very Canadian problem.

Great ideas like culling the fluting, strengthening some parts, reducing machining/extra parts. etc have been thrown out and most seem fairly relevant to what I'd hope a manufacturer wants to know from those who affect the profit margins.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    And please keep in mind, this rifle was conceived to meet the market for the 90% of clients that want bells and whistles without any personal upgrading.
    Genuinely curious and honest question; what are the bells and whistles that 90% of clients would want on their rifle that you're adding to the baseline model?
    Last edited by Jacobean; 11-15-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobean View Post
    Fair. Heard, maybe seen, yes. Rejected? Not likely. More ignored since it seems to have been decided on already by the manufacturer. To be fair it doesnt have to be "buy or move on". Along with your review I'd hope they'd enjoy community recommendations for what will obviously be a moderately retweeked mk3, which this thread is chalk full of.

Not everyday the consumer can directly engage in convo with the manufacturer. Always good to hear out your target demographic.

With all do respect, you seem to be mighty defensive over a rifle you're independently reviewing and have no affiliation with. Upset or not, your msgs come across to casual posters a bit intense when most of us are just sharing opinions or represent the masses. Lighten up a bit. We're all pumped for this rifle (14pgs and counting) and all want it succeed. Its clearly looking to be a top tier option for our very Canadian problem.

Great ideas like culling the fluting, strengthening some parts, reducing machining/extra parts. etc have been thrown out and most seem fairly relevant to what I'd hope a manufacturer wants to know from those who affect the profit margins.

Genuinely curious and honest question; what are the bells and whistles that 90% of clients would want on their rifle that you're adding to the baseline model?
    a sealed receiver without gaper poptart slots are a good start, an actual good magwell , ability to take beaver tail grips without replacing the lower, full ambi lower controls , non chinesium handguards, proper lenght gas and piston system for the barrel ?
    (Hopefully the gasblock is also mounted properly and wont snap rods) and many many more

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    a sealed receiver without gaper poptart slots are a good start, an actual good magwell , ability to take beaver tail grips without replacing the lower, full ambi lower controls , non chinesium handguards, proper lenght gas and piston system for the barrel ?
    (Hopefully the gasblock is also mounted properly and wont snap rods) and many many more
    Actually we're discussing every point raised here. The wonderful thing about dealing directly with the manufacturer on a new project is that issues can be discussed and if/where appropriate, sorted.

Especially if it has to do with usability, functionality and endurance.

However, we also want a rifle that looks as good as it feels.

The standard features we think are important:

Weight under 7.5 lbs
    Standard AR style barrel interface for ease of customization and replacement down the road
    Non proprietary trigger group
    Rifle length gas system with the gas system designed for long life
    Beavertail grip use
    Picatinny rear interface to allow maximum use of aftermarket adapters / stocks from many manufacturers... growing daily.
    Usable flared magwell
    Ability to use many different manufacturers mags
    Ambi-controls
    and...
    a non-reciprocating cocking handle... this was a must for this project.

There are a lot of things that were also added, but they were not KEY features.

Regardless, I think the package we've come up with ticks almost all of the boxes for those looking for a rifle at this price point.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Please consider making 7076-T6 receivers for those of us who are interested. Even if it's $1000+ for the receiver(s) alone I'll gladly buy it. Something like what Wolverine did for the MCR, they designed a new lower for those who were interested and they sold like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    Absolutely acknowledged at how many AMAZING things have already been baked into the design (and a healthy reminder to me as well), and I think we can agree these are pretty standard things the market comes to expect from a professionally manufactured rifle demanding the cost estimated, especially if catering to the post AR-Ban crowd. I just wasn't sure if things like a fluted barrel and picatinny butt were inclusive of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarbar99 View Post
    Please consider making 7076-T6 receivers for those of us who are interested. Even if it's $1000+ for the receiver(s) alone I'll gladly buy it. Something like what Wolverine did for the MCR, they designed a new lower for those who were interested and they sold like hotcakes.
    I'll ask the team tomorrow to quote me the machining / materials to make this happen.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobean View Post
    Absolutely acknowledged at how many AMAZING things have already been baked into the design (and a healthy reminder to me as well), and I think we can agree these are pretty standard things the market comes to expect from a professionally manufactured rifle demanding the cost estimated, especially if catering to the post AR-Ban crowd. I just wasn't sure if things like a fluted barrel and picatinny butt were inclusive of this.
    the fluting is not, but the pic rail was.

To be frank, the fluting only adds an insignificant more to the machining when running 500 barrels at a go...

I have 4 barrels enroute from IBI of various profiles in the MW to HW to test with the SAI system as well... We may have just taken a little too much material away.... We'll see. Even if we run with the SAI pencil barrels, it will be good to see what other options will produce.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO