Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526272939 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

CGN Regular
    Thanks Mark!

Your doing a great job! Thanks for providing the community with everything you've shared to date. Your methods seem sounds to me, you've given us some great details into the process, and all the pics are awesome!

And.... Are you hinting at something with that 300blk mag??? ??
    Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.

~Oscar Wilde~

that looks great with the zhukov stock!!! if only…
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by OCCAM View Post
    Thanks Mark!

Your doing a great job! Thanks for providing the community with everything you've shared to date. Your methods seem sounds to me, you've given us some great details into the process, and all the pics are awesome!

And.... Are you hinting at something with that 300blk mag??? ??
    Sorry, not intending to hint at anything forthcoming with that .300 Blk PMag! JR Cox has already announced multi-calibre options to come, hence the switch to an adjustable Gas Block on all new-production rifles. With the use of standard AR15 Rifle-length Barrels in the R18, it will be a simple matter of loosening the 4x Barrel Bolts on the proprietary Barrel Nut to swap out the .223 Wylde Barrel for a .300 Blackout. Re-tighten those 4 bolts., adjust the Gas to re-balance the Operating System, and then enjoy the new calibre...
    Mark C

definitely think I'll pick up a folder ARstock adapter, that would look slick with an sl-s stock

CGN Regular
    I read through a few pages, this thread, another thread etc…not sure did it’s been talked about, but calibre conversions.
    What’ll be the process of switching out to x39 for example.
    I noticed the proprietary handguard, and barrel attachment system, cool. Rifle length tube, cool. Standard ar barrels.

What about bolts/bcg’s? Will that be proprietary?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by HvacFridge Apprentice View Post
    I read through a few pages, this thread, another thread etc…not sure did it’s been talked about, but calibre conversions.
    I noticed the proprietary handguard, and barrel attachment system, cool. Rifle length tube, cool. Standard ar barrels.

If this is like the other 7.62x39 mm 180 options, as long as the ejection port is big enough for the casing, the R18 Mk2 will need a bolt with a larger bolt face to be made available for it. Will that be available at launch? Only the distributor/manufacturer knows. In addition to that, a 7.62x39 mm barrel with a rifle length port and Stanag 7.62x39 mm magazines, including XCR pistol mags, are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by HvacFridge Apprentice View Post

Well, seeing as how there is no common "industry standard" for AR180B-compatible Bolt, Carrier and/or Upper Receiver manufacture and parts interplay, (aside from the origninal AR180B specs themselves), it stands to reason that the Bolt and Carrier on the RW18 ought to be considered proprietary. Although they may look identical, I wouldn't want to try to replace an R18 Bolt with a WK-180 or WS-MCR Bolt as a straight swap. The same applies to Bolt Carriers, the outer dimensions of which may vary considerably from manufacturer to manufacturer.
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    Ah thanks fellas. Good to know. Would be amazing to see a x39 setup eventually, I’ve given up on trying to have a dedicated x39 upper for my mcr

CGN Regular
    Any way to try putting an ACR stock on her?

Quote Originally Posted by Poker_Police View Post
    Any way to try putting an ACR stock on her?
    Not without a specifically-designed ACR Buttstock Adapter...
    Mark C