Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Poker_Police View Post
    Any way to try putting an ACR stock on her?
    Using Google, I found Haga Defense in the U.S. makes a 1913 to ACR stock adapter. You could either risk ordering it from the States and pray it clears customs, or petition a site sponsor to bring the adapter in.

That non-site sponsor Third-Party Importer out of Penticton is known to deal with Haga Defense. They stock quite a few of his adapters on their website and would undoubtedly arrange for the 1913 version if they don't already offer it. That Armory is also a good source for the Magpul ACR Buttstocks in both colours priced at $249 USD.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-21-2021 at 04:19 AM.
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    That non-site sponsor Third-Party Importer out of Penticton is known to deal with Haga Defense. They stock quite a few of his adapters on their website and would undoubtedly arrange for the 1913 version if they don't already offer it. That Armory is also a good source for the Magpul ACR Buttstocks in both colours priced at $249 USD.
    I have been told by other members we can name non-site sponsor businesses, but not link to their sites.

Just my personal preference, I think the Midwest Industries folder suits the rifle more than the Zhukov.

Now the Zenitco PT-1 on it, that’s a winner

https://youtu.be/H57Kf-Z9-8c
    Last edited by Mrtemp; 11-21-2021 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Additional link added

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    I have been told by other members we can name non-site sponsor businesses, but not link to their sites.
    That only applies if CGN will allow the name of the business to he written without automated censoring, as is the case with ###### Armory....
    Mark C

That only applies if CGN will allow the name of the business to he written without automated censoring, as is the case with ###### Armory....
    Sometimes people forget that CGN is a business by which the owner earns a living through advertising revenue....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sometimes people forget that CGN is a business by which the owner earns a living through advertising revenue....
    Fair enough. I think it's a fair compromise to only name and not link a non-site vendor, but is good form to only do this when a site vendor does not sell an equivalent. It would be reasonable to give a site vendor a reasonable length of time to import the Haga ACR 1913 adapter, but after a period of time has passed it should be ok to mention the non-site vendor, as the non-site vendors accessory availability may prompt the purchase of the main host item form the site vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Fair enough. I think it's a fair compromise to only name and not link a non-site vendor, but is good form to only do this when a site vendor does not sell an equivalent. It would be reasonable to give a site vendor a reasonable length of time to import the Haga ACR 1913 adapter, but after a period of time has passed it should be ok to mention the non-site vendor, as the non-site vendors accessory availability may prompt the purchase of the main host item form the site vendor.
    In the final analysis, it is GT's site, so we abide by GT's rules. The site is free to me so I find a few oddities in the user rules (like protracted animosity towards non-site vendors), to be acceptable.
    Mark C

CGN Regular
    Folding Buttstock Options

Today we take a look at 2 folding buttstock options for the R18, both of which are either currently available from TSE or are under development by SAI for eventual TSE sale.

The first option is the Magpul Zhukov Buttstock, which mounts to the Picatinny Buttstock Rail by way of a 1" Adapter Block. Combined with the 1" Mount integral to the Zhukov Stock system, this results in a 2" non-folding projection immediately behind the rifle.

The second option is the Midwest Industries Folding Picatinny Adapter which adds 1" to the Length of Pull. This Folding Adapter is reversable, which is required to get the Buttstock to fold flat against the Right side of the R18 (rather than hung up on the Cocking Handle on the Left side).

In my view, the Midwest Industries Folding Adapter is the least obtrusive, most streamlined and better looking option of the two. It is also the least expensive option at $150 CAD for the Adapter (in stock now at TSE). Note however that you will have to reverse the direction of fold by flipping the stock over so that it folds to the Right. The Midwest Industries adapter adds exactly 1" to the existing Length of Pull, which is remedied for shorter firing postures by collapsing the Buttstock one adjustment notch.

The Magpul Zhukov Buttstock adds 2" to the overall Length of Pull, requiring that the stock be fully-collapsed to accomodate people of shorter stature. The Zhukov Stock Adapter offers an QD Sing Socket on either side of the adapter whereas the Midwewst Industries Adapter lacks that feature.

In term of incremental upgrades, the 2 x Test Rifles were returned to me with stiffer/stronger Recoil Springs (exhibiting a slightly "snappier" return to battery) as well as some revised Bolt and Carrier parts. Specifically the Bolt Cam Pin has received additional chamfering of the exposed end to aide in smooth cycling and manual operation of the action. Likewise, the end of the Firing Pin Retaining Pin has been rounded-off to ensure smooth cycling within the Upper Receiver. rIn both cases, the revised part is shown to the Left of the original version.

I'm personally not a huge fan of the Zhukov. I hope it comes stock with the standard AR buffer tube stock, as seen in the first few pictures. The Zhukov isn't mandatory, is it? Anyways thank you so much Bartok, FANTASTIC content

Looking forward to units ready for sale.
    Ontario needs to get some ASAP

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. John F. Kennedy