The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medium-weight, Fluted Barrels are rolling off of the production line as we speak for the first batch of production R18s as we speak. Other critical components are also being machined in several locations Canada wide. Speaking with the Production Manager for SAI's Canadian R18 manufacture, sales of the Production Rifles ought to realistically commence in early February 2022 at a forecast initial production rate of approximately 200 units per month, with further capacity increases planned if warranted by sales. The 40 (or so) R18 Pencil Barrel rifles will be sold to those on the waiting list between now and the start of production sales.

Thanks for the update! I’m definitely looking to pick up one of these in February. Will you get getting a medium weight barrel one for testing as well?

as a pre-2004 member of CGN (before the great crash), I feel like I've seen a lot of things come and go. I think this one and its various iterative production designs will be around for a while. There's a market for it, and with not a whole lot of choices out there for the post-OIC crowd, the more choices there are the better. TSE/SAI may not be the first to market, but taking the time to work the design issues is great. I'm not fond of the situation where paying customers are doing all the UAT for version 2+ but that's how products are improved these days (if you're not manuf for big green).

I'll wait for Mk2. Sort of excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom