Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

Some of these kids may not have been around but I remember your friends involvement in Swiss Arms rifle ban.

Don't make me open that can of worms again. JR is a weasel.

Don't talk about good ideas and the community. Go pound sand bud.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    I stand by my original point - if nobody buys the R18 it will die on the "good ideas" pile and future designers will decide that production is not worth the trouble for the small Canadian market. It is really that simple.

But you are right, of course - My review has been a deliberate plot to separate you from your hard-earned cash by selling a "sub-par, overpriced hunk of cheaply made metal to the starving Canadian market". You've sure got us all figured out there Sherlock.....

You are clearly an idiot with serious reading comprehension issues. Please go spew your nonsense elsewhere and leave those of us who wish to discuss the new rifle to that conversation.
    This is the exact reply I would given. LOL

There is a useless troll in every thread, it seems. The down-side of CGN. Makes it difficult to hold an adult conversation with agenda-driven axe-grinders interjecting their utter nonsense. We do share one common thought however - 98/29 is a clearly a legend in his own mind....
    Mark C

Last few posts aside, for all of my, subjectively constructive criticisms, I'll make public a msg I sent a few weeks ago offering to do some testing on one of the rifles. I've got plenty of diff types of ammo and a range 10 mins down the road, 5-150m to play with. Would be more than happy to throw a few thousand various rounds down range and garner other shooters opinions whenever I run into one. Do some literal running and gunning and put it through average consumer usage. Various magazines , and maintain original parts, i.e. trigger. Something of note is the constant use of 62gr xtac. Great ammo sure. But one type of ammo. Lots of people own rifles that simply don't "like" certain ammos. Hell, my stock C8 shot 2.5-3.3 MOA with ammo ranging $16-$25/box on a 3x Elcan at 100m, with Winchester white box outshooting three more expensive ammos when accounting for 1 flier which I called. This was my "ammo/rifle trial" within my first year of shooting and owning the rifle. Limitations were certainly myself and my magnification.

https://imgur.com/7OXbHqq

I was thinking of this thread the other day and the discussion wayyy back about the difference between adding a scope and changing a trigger. It boils down to this; one is an addition to a stock rifle and enhances the shooters ability to mimic the rifles inherent capability, while the other alters the rifle and its baseline capability in the same hands. One is an extension of the bodies limitations to test baseline MOA of a stock rifle as ordered, the other assists in the quality of the action taken on the rifle by the user via upgrade. Shooters can match manufacturer claimed MOA on a milspec trigger. No set of eyes on the planet matches 5/10/20x magnification to identify target and allow the user to fix a stock rifle on the same square inch shot after shot and allow the rifle to show its true colours.

This all to say, as someone completely unattached to the project, and any engagement being blatantly visible throughout this thread, I'd love to take a crack at it. On a competing rifle I just sold on Monday, I had it at the range the day before (Sunday) and plugged 2.02 and 1.54 MOA 5rnd groups with 5.56 Federal Independence and an Elcan 1-4x @ 98yards. Would love nothing more than to throw a high mag optic on a R18 Mk(X) and see what it's capable of and then put it through it's paces at indeterminate ranges for reliability and product (ammo/magazine) testing.

https://imgur.com/vuytHpz
    https://imgur.com/1PXfvfH

I'm glad you're running with your tail between your legs to peddle this junk to like minded troglodytes.

See you around. Haha.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobean View Post
    Last few posts aside, for all of my, subjectively constructive criticisms, I'll make public a msg I sent a few weeks ago offering to do some testing on one of the rifles. I've got plenty of diff types of ammo and a range 10 mins down the road, 5-150m to play with. Would be more than happy to throw a few thousand various rounds down range and garner other shooters opinions whenever I run into one. Do some literal running and gunning and put it through average consumer usage. Various magazines , and maintain original parts, i.e. trigger. Something of note is the constant use of 62gr xtac. Great ammo sure. But one type of ammo. Lots of people own rifles that simply don't "like" certain ammos. Hell, my stock C8 shot 2.5-3.3 MOA with ammo ranging $16-$25/box on a 3x Elcan at 100m, with Winchester white box outshooting three more expensive ammos when accounting for 1 flier which I called. This was my "ammo/rifle trial" within my first year of shooting and owning the rifle. Limitations were certainly myself and my magnification.

https://imgur.com/7OXbHqq

I was thinking of this thread the other day and the discussion wayyy back about the difference between adding a scope and changing a trigger. It boils down to this; one is an addition to a stock rifle and enhances the shooters ability to mimic the rifles inherent capability, while the other alters the rifle and its baseline capability in the same hands. One is an extension of the bodies limitations to test baseline MOA of a stock rifle as ordered, the other assists in the quality of the action taken on the rifle by the user via upgrade. Shooters can match manufacturer claimed MOA on a milspec trigger. No set of eyes on the planet matches 5/10/20x magnification to identify target and allow the user to fix a stock rifle on the same square inch shot after shot and allow the rifle to show its true colours.

This all to say, as someone completely unattached to the project, and any engagement being blatantly visible throughout this thread, I'd love to take a crack at it. On a competing rifle I just sold on Monday, I had it at the range the day before (Sunday) and plugged 2.02 and 1.54 MOA 5rnd groups with 5.56 Federal Independence and an Elcan 1-4x @ 98yards. Would love nothing more than to throw a high mag optic on a R18 Mk(X) and see what it's capable of and then put it through it's paces at indeterminate ranges for reliability and product (ammo/magazine) testing.
    JR Cox monitors this thread, as does the Canadian Operations Manager for SAI. Whether or not they see fit to give you a rifle for testing is entirely their call. I personally would welcome additional sets of eyes. I've never claimed to be all-knowing and I am sure that others would have useful input based on first-hand experience. Fellow shooters that I have encountered on the range have all been universally enthusiastic about the R18 and the way that it handles. But 5 or 10 quick rounds through a rifle does not provide an adequate basis for detailed critique. Thus far, almost everything that I have mentined in terms of feedback to JR Cox has been addressed as a rolling change on the soon to be released production rifles. Cox and SAI are open to constructive criticism, so hopefully they will consider sending out some of the initial batch of production rifles for CGN consumer testing as soon as the ajustable Gas Blocks and medium-weight IBI Barrels arrive early in the new year. Not my call, but I think that it is a great idea.

As an aside, most of the PMC X-Tac that I have fired has been 55 gr, not 62 gr. All of the measured groups were fired with 55 gr PMC.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    I'm glad you're running with your tail between your legs to peddle this junk to like minded troglodytes.

See you around. Haha.
    Classy how you characterize everyone with an interest in the R18 as a "like minded trogodyte". Great way to make new friends. Thanks for leaving, you won't be missed.
    Mark C

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Classy how you characterize everyone with an interest in the R18 as a "like minded trogodyte". Great way to make new friends. Thanks for leaving, you won't be missed.
    I apologize for my short attention span preventing me from reading the whole thread, but from what I understand there is no ETA on production models yet, but Shooting Edge will carry them? Do I have it right?
    CCFR, CSSA member!

I'm glad I struck the right nerve there for you to come out with your juvenile retorts and schoolyard insults.

I have reading comprehension issues? Let's compare our credentials. Who are you? Where did you go to school? What are your qualifications?

I didn't say your review was a deliberate plot for anything. You're a nobody as far as I'm concerned. What you are is a "useful idiot" who's unintentionally serving someone else's agenda with your actions. And every time someone has called you out on it, you've come out barking like a rabid dog, frothing at the mouth with ad hominems. It is possible that perhaps you're doing it deliberately but I personally I don't think you've got enough computing power between those two bouncing brain cells of yours to pull it off.

You and your buddies "good ideas" can die on whatever hill you choose to. It's the executions that matters. IRG also has some good ideas, why are you in their threads talking nonsense? Aren't you for "good ideas"? Or do they only count when you get freebies to promote them? You and your buddies can pretend like you care about the community all you want but you won't fool anyone with above average IQ when all you are trying to make a quick buck.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, put down the thesaurus when you're writing a review on a gun. It only serves to add to it's pretentiousness.

You're pathetic.
    Well you are a self righteous SOB. I have always said one great enemy we as gun owners have, is ourselves. Your attitude does nothing but divide the group. Canada is a very small market. No company will invest time and money here to make firearms for the general population of shooters from outside Canada.that is an AR replacement. We have people here doing their best to fill the gap. Before you call an individual out walk in their shoes. As for the product they make, use over time is an indication of quality. Negative remarks without evidence is useless on the quality of a product.
    If you can't be out of sight, you best be out of range.
    GOTO retailer NORDIC MARKSMAN

Some of these kids may not have been around but I remember your friends involvement in Swiss Arms rifle ban.

Don't make me open that can of worms again. JR is a weasel.

Don't talk about good ideas and the community. Go pound sand bud.

This reads like something that weird kid in high-school would write.
    All you're missing is the "Heh nothing personEL kid"