Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchCDN View Post
    And that is completely fair and I appreciate and understand what you are doing. However this is a review of a SAI with Triggertech trigger not a stock SAI. Thus the price of 2600 does not achieve the sub 2 MOA therefore a caveat must me placed on that data. Those are my only points and I believe whilst you make valid points so do I.

Additionally I am interested in this rifle, I am not trying to be contrarian to others opinions. I just wanted to see if it was 3 MOA or less with the stock trigger and reliable as that’s all I’m concerned about. If it were I would leave the stock trigger in the firearm.
    When we get the final rifle in our mitts, we'll get Steve to do a 100/200m with factory ammo and trigger.

I still think what Bartok5 did was valid as with training and a little cleaning, accuracy is still possible with a standard AR trigger pack. He was just trying to remove as much of "him" as possible from the results.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It makes sense to shoot the rifle with a great trigger for the review, since the less expensive alternatives that most people will be shopping this against also will have their trigger swapped by the majority of their users; this is standard for most of the reviews of those rifles, as well.

Super Moderator
    I think I am more interested in how well the rifle shoots, rather than how well Bartok5 shoots the rifle...

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    I think I am more interested in how well the rifle shoots, rather than how well Bartok5 shoots the rifle...
    Exactly.

His critique was awesome and not sugar coated. His initial report and the comments that followed gave incredible feedback to send to SAI to make some tweaks before the launch.

Given Bartoks5's experience and background, his comments, in my opinion, have great value. Also, his report and photos allow people that don't live in YYC to get some detailed info to ponder.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Sweet, I'm definitely interested.

Now make a large calibre receiver set that we can all convert our Stag10's over to.

TSE JR, you mentioned other calibers in one of the previous posts. Can we expect a .308 at some point next year?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    When we get the final rifle in our mitts, we'll get Steve to do a 100/200m with factory ammo and trigger.

I still think what Bartok5 did was valid as with training and a little cleaning, accuracy is still possible with a standard AR trigger pack. He was just trying to remove as much of "him" as possible from the results.
    Great thanks! That is perfect.

First thing I do in most my reviews is pull the trigger and put something better in. Writing reviews for various websites and publications is my second job. As others said when I shoot I want to take as much of my inadequacy out of the process. So I put in a good trigger, use a good bipod etc. If I had the money I would build or buy a rig that entirely removes humans from the equation. Very few people can outshoot most guns with good ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by 2CentTactical View Post
    First thing I do in most my reviews is pull the trigger and put something better in. Writing reviews for various websites and publications is my second job. As others said when I shoot I want to take as much of my inadequacy out of the process. So I put in a good trigger, use a good bipod etc. If I had the money I would build or buy a rig that entirely removes humans from the equation. Very few people can outshoot most guns with good ammo.
    I'll be sending you guys a rifle... once the production guns are ready!
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

I will shoot the #### out of it after putting in a trigger tech :P