Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    After the first round of testing, have the fasteners loosened at all on the gas system? I'm hoping the rifle length system alleviates the force on the system compared to the WK or MCR, which slowly pounds themselves apart with their carbine length gas ports, requiring use of thread locker on their fasteners.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cuto85 View Post
    First things first, I'd like to thank the fellas for bringing another MS Semi to the market. We should all be proud of the domestic efforts to bring the scene up to speed again.

That being said, I don't think the ticket correlates with the accuracy. It may be ugly, but 2 different MCR's I've tested are consistently sub-MOA with 62gr X-TAC and even better with 77gr GMM. With FINELY tuned handloads I was seeing 0.5 at the bench. I'm really hoping you just had an off day or a subpar unit because at the very least i was hoping for a minute from the X-TAC. I'll be looking forward to seeing other range reviews. Thanks for your time and effort Mark.
    Pics or it didn't happen.

.5MOA out of a discount semi? Doubt it...

GAP Rifles out of the states produces bolt actions with a 3/8s MOA guarantee. You aren't coming close with a 1500 semi.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

.5MOA out of a discount semi? Doubt it...

GAP Rifles out of the states produces bolt actions with a 3/8s MOA guarantee. You aren't coming close with a 1500 semi.
    There is a video on you tube showing the accuracy comparison between the other 180b variants from a very trusted source albeit a different shooter than the OP of this thread which could 100 percent change the outcome of the results.

Might I be so bold as to suggest designing a folding charging handle like that which was on the FNC1?

When I am running and gunning with my MCR and pistol the knob-like charging handle digs into my chest when I drop it onto the sling to deploy my pistol. I understand this is not possible with the MCR charging handle because it is reciprocating. But with a non-reciprocating charging handle this is a definite possibility.

Thoughts?

The only thing that loosened under use were the four Handguard Retaining Screws, which was my fault as I only had them finger-tight for fear of over-torquing the Steel Screws in the Aluminum Threads.

I have invested in 3 different commercial Match Ammo loads for my next round of Test-firing in order to obtain definitive accuracy results (limited, of course, by my ability).

While I too would prefer a flat-stowed, Folding Charging Handle it must be recognized that this will introduce additional cost, complexity, and a potential failure Point to the design where none currently exists. Personally I an content with the fixed CH design. It provides positive purchase in a reasonably low-profile package.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-13-2021 at 04:50 PM.
    Mark C

Thanks for the review Bartok5! Keep doing it any way you please - lots of us are quietly appreciative of your efforts to give us insight into this rifle as possibly a great alternative to our safe queens.

And thanks to JR/TSE for bringing this to us Canucks despite the risks. I think we should all be supporting any company willing to step up for our hobby in the face of all the headwinds…

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    The only thing that loosened under use were the four Handguard Retaining Screws, which was my fault as I only had them finger-tight for fear of over-torquing the Steel Screws in the Aluminum Threads.

I have invested in 3 different commercial Match Ammo loads for my next round of Test-firing in order to obtain definitive accuracy results (limited, of course, by my ability).

While I too would prefer a flat-stowed, Folding Charging Handle it must be recognized that this will introduce additional cost, complexity, and a potential failure Point to the design where none currently exists. Personally I an content with the fixed CH design. It provides positive purchase in a reasonably low-profile package.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like there's anything preventing a third party manufacturer from creating a folding charging handle, correct? Paging Maple Ridge Armoury...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchCDN View Post
    There is a video on you tube showing the accuracy comparison between the other 180b variants from a very trusted source albeit a different shooter than the OP of this thread which could 100 percent change the outcome of the results.
    Are you referring to the huntinggearguy vid?

He didn't even get below 1"

I think this gun is great for what it is. Same with the other 180Bs - discount semi autos for the Canadian market. They are not supposed to be super accurate and never will be.

And on CGN - pics or it didn't happen. I don't think there is a semi auto on the "my gun can shoot 5X5 under 1 MOA thread.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan.M.Anderson View Post
    Are you referring to the huntinggearguy vid?

He didn't even get below 1"

I think this gun is great for what it is. Same with the other 180Bs - discount semi autos for the Canadian market. They are not supposed to be super accurate and never will be.

And on CGN - pics or it didn't happen. I don't think there is a semi auto on the "my gun can shoot 5X5 under 1 MOA thread.
    Yes sir, his best was .8 I believe in that video. His results were very decent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Thanks!