Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 313151617181920212223242526272829303133 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    hey TSE, if you guys are still lurking here. What would be the odds of incorporating a folding charging handle onto this ?
    not a big deal if no plans for it but just curious.
    We’re working on it. I am also sure that there are a number of after market manufacturers in Canada w=that will be wanting to make any number of additions for this.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by AskMeAboutMyBandcamp View Post
    I'm personally not a huge fan of the Zhukov. I hope it comes stock with the standard AR buffer tube stock, as seen in the first few pictures. The Zhukov isn't mandatory, is it? Anyways thank you so much Bartok, FANTASTIC content
    The Zhukov is definitely not mandatory. But both versions will be offered, as well as separate adapters for aftermarket adaptation if desired.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Tagged.
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    Time to hit the gym, there big shooter.... Bushmaster ACR weighs 7.9 lbs bare-bones. B+T APC (NR) weighs 9 lbs. FAMAE SG 540 is 7.8 bs. WS MCR = 8 lbs, Tavor X-95 is 7.9 lbs. Based on the weights of available .223/5.56mm rifles in Canada, the R18 is as light as they come. Plus I seriously doubt the "truth" of some of those "internet" rifle weights. From first-hand comparison I can tell you that the wS MCR is an absolute pig compared to the R18, yet is listed as being the same weight? I don't think so, not with the WS MCR's heavy-weight barrel and steel Receiver Side-panels....
    The irony here is I am a former bodybuilder…..

7.5lbs dry is not that impressive, was hoping for less.

Well, I find the R18 to be well-balanced and agile, much more like the forbidden fruit than anything produced domestically thus far. The pencil barrel no doubt plays a large role in that. Unlike, say, the WS-MCR which feels like a front-heavy brick in the hands, the R18 is by comparison quite svelte and quick-to-hand. But that's just me - satisfaction will no doubt vary based on individual expectations/desires.

I reckon there's no pleasing everybody. At least we're still free to voice our opinions! And so far as I know, JR Cox welcomes all input, both positive and negative so long as it is constructive (and realistically achievable). As for me, I am admittedly enthusiastic about the rifle, which ticks all of the necessary boxes on my checklist. I am very much looking forward to obtaining my own example once I am done wringing out the Test samples that I currrently have on-hand. That is where my interests in the R18 end, and it is over to SAI to manufacture a quality rifle with JR Cox and his team to managing Canadian R18 sales and customer service/satisfaction. I have no financial nor personal stake in the rifle, so my "responsibility" starts and ends with the contents of my review.
    Last edited by Bartok5; 11-25-2021 at 01:06 AM.
    Mark C

Of course. Just my two cents. I too am jaded by the OIC and loss of our ars

People whining about wanting less than 7.5 lb rifles
    (me laughing in C9A1 LMG)
    --
    We need another Conservative majority NOW

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Mike View Post
    People whining about wanting less than 7.5 lb rifles
    (me laughing in C9A1 LMG)
    No one is being issued an RK18 by the state. If consumers want a lighter rifle then it's up to manufacturers to fill that demand. That's called capitalism, only a dirty commie would say that the people should be happy with what they're told they can have.

CGN Regular
    And since we're on the subject of military small arms weights and what is and is not possible/acceptable: In 1959 the original AR-15 with a 20" barrel and aluminium receivers tipped the scales at 6.55 lbs. In 1969 the AR-18, full auto in stamped steel with an 18.25" barrel weighed 6.7 lbs.

Anyone who says we shouldn't expect better engineering in 2021 with the benefit of over 50 years of technological advancements needs to give their head a shake.

an edit:
    The SKS, made of greasy wood and communist pig iron, with a free knife hanging off its 20" barrel weighs 8.5 lbs and I'm guessing that bayonet weighs a good half pound.

Another edit:
    The NR mini14 with its machined steel receiver and 18.5" barrel was 7lbs.
    Last edited by uAJollyRogering; 11-25-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uAJollyRogering View Post
    No one is being issued an RK18 by the state. If consumers want a lighter rifle then it's up to manufacturers to fill that demand. That's called capitalism, only a dirty commie would say that the people should be happy with what they're told they can have.
    You will take it comrade… and like it!

But seriously… I think the original AR180 (which i owned) had a ton of drawbacks to make it “light” and easy to manufacture. I’d love to be able to drop a pound on this, but I am not sure how.

In comparison, with our barrel, and a 12” fore rail, we can get our TSR down to 5.7 lbs “naked”
    \"J.R."\
    CEO