Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: The R18 Mk2 Review Pt 2 Live Fire Reliabllity and Accuracy Results

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by diemaco View Post
    I think that you should prepare yourself to be consistently disappointed if you're expecting consistent sub-MOA performance out of ball ammo...
    My modern sporter with a bsf CF barrel shot sub moa with AE bulk all day every day. In a 5 round group 3-4 rounds would be dam near all touching with a flyer opening the group up to just under an inch.

160 rounds through two rifles doesn't say anything about reliability... The parts aren't even worn in yet

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    I think with the pencil barrel on the SAI R18 MK2, the accuracy will suffer. There is a reason H&K has gone mostly DI on their DMR rifles; all of that extra mass and movement with a piston.

We may have to ask SAI to add a bit more stiffness to the barrel. But 1.5 MOA with PMC Tac is not horrible by any means.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    Great writeup Mark. Do these rifles have adjustable gas blocks? I'm sure that's been covered in the other threads but I didn't see it in cursory review of the other posts.
    We have asked SAI to phase over to an adjustable gas block simply because we want to introduce additional calibres and that is a must.
    Last edited by TSE JR; 11-12-2021 at 12:13 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Kpuly View Post
    160 rounds through two rifles doesn't say anything about reliability... The parts aren't even worn in yet
    110% agree.

When we get the first final production guns, we will do a timelapse video here of 1000 rds and then break the gun down for everyone to see both the performance AND parts wear. As we are the warranty guys, we don't want to be on the hook for a ####ty launch and product.... I still have nightmares over our introduction of Grand Power pistols. :-(

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 11-12-2021 at 12:15 PM.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I think with the pencil barrel on the SAI R18 MK2, the accuracy will suffer. There is a reason H&K has gone mostly DI on their DMR rifles; all of that extra mass and movement with a piston.

We may have to ask SAI to add a bit more stiffness to the barrel. But 1.5 MOA with PMC Tac is not horrible by any means.

JR
    Agreed. What about a partnership with ibi on their CF barrels? Id pay a premium as im sure others will agree

Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    Agreed. What about a partnership with ibi on their CF barrels? Id pay a premium as im sure others will agree
    We found that IBI barrels don't actually shoot well... it's all hype... (just kidding Ryan)

TSE could do up a DMR or HB platform as the rifle uses a standard AR15 barrel extension, but I don't think I want the price on the basic model to creep up any more.

I will however, grab a MW and HW IBI barrel and try it out to see what we get. Changing barrels takes about 10 minutes max

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Kpuly View Post
    Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

"SUCK MY FAT ONE YOU CHEAP DIMESTORE HOOD"

JR
    Pretending for a moment that weight didn't matter, I'd be very curious to see what these are capable of with a medium to heavy barrel profile.

Thanks for the reply.
    You've been in a coma for 6 years. If you can read this, we're trying to get through to you. Please... wake up.

CGN Regular
    We found that IBI barrels don't actually shoot well... it's all hype... (just kidding Ryan)

TSE could do up a DMR or HB platform as the rifle uses a standard AR15 barrel extension, but I don't think I want the price on the basic model to creep up any more.

I will however, grab a MW and HW IBI barrel and try it out to see what we get. Changing barrels takes about 10 minutes max

JR
    Awesome!! Thanks JR