CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Up to 50% off! Black friday sale is now on!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnhunter117 View Post
    You know it's 2021 when...
    Your kids would be proud to see their daddy upset over a photo on the internet.
    I donít know... you guys seem to be WAY more excited than he is over it. His work has allegedly been stolen and heís speaking up about it in the same forum that the work is being shown. It seems a pretty reasonable position, pay me if it was a mistake and if it wasnít then I have recourse. Way cooler than just anutomatically going to the lawyers isnít it ?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Not surprising that Tenda would steal a photo.
    Also disappointing that some think that itís ok too.

CGN Regular
    Not the place to be airing legal dirty laundry that has yet to be proven Swagerkiwi. If you have retained legal council to protect your intellectual property then they should have advised you to STFU about it and not discuss on going and as of yet unsubstantiated claims.

CGN Regular
    FWIW I think copyright protections relating to photographers are ridiculous.

If someone takes a photo of Brad Pitt, they then have the rights to that photo. The only reason anyone wants the photo in the first place is cause it has Brad Pitt in it, not cause the photographer created a magnificent work of art.

This is an open lawsuit currently --
    https://ambrosiaforheads.com/2021/07...sonable-doubt/

Jay-Z commissioned a photographer to do the photos for an album, and paid him for his services. Photographer then tried to market the photos without Jay-Z's permission.

Or take the papparazi. Those ####ers make their living from photographing famous people. Did Diana asked to have a gaggle of photographers chasing her around 24/7/365?

Photographers aren't artists imo, they're a guy with a camera.

So in this instance, sure they used his photo. But at the end of the day it's a photo of a Glock. It would take Tenda about 6 minutes to take their own photo, and would cost them around $1.46 in labour to do so. So what are we actually talking about here?

First world problems.

CGN Regular
    Planning to order the bulk CCI Standard 22lr ammo (5000 rounds). Saw on the website that extra charges may apply for shipping. Will it ship free to Newfoundland?

Got notice that a third party carrier for UPS in my area would not allow firearms / ammunition deliveries. Had to switch the order to Purolator for some bulk ammo purchased.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456