Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 request

The barrel is 18.5 inches........please explain how cutting it down will not make it restricted.

Look up Jean Jaques Coté on Facebook, he’s the one making the working ak selectors and can definitely make this for you. He made a couple custom builds and is currently working on mine (ETA end of march). That one might boost blood flow down there to the most hardened purist out there (pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by vcarriere View Post
    I'd rather have an AK style safety tbh
    Look up jean jaques coté on facebook, he makes working ak selector

Quote Originally Posted by colton12345 View Post
    No doubt I would def rather the AK style safety selector but is it even possible?
    It is possible, Jean jaques coté (on Facebook) makes them with magical craftsmanship

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical redneck View Post
    Look up Jean Jaques Coté on Facebook, he’s the one making the working ak selectors and can definitely make this for you. He made a couple custom builds and is currently working on mine (ETA end of march). That one might boost blood flow down there to the most hardened purist out there (pun intended)
    Is he just drilling and tapping existing safeties to screw on airsoft AK selectors? Not a great solution tbh. If he's machining safeties with the proper shelf for a 45 degree throw or whatever an ak selector actually is I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrible_E View Post
    The barrel is 18.5 inches........please explain how cutting it down will not make it restricted.
    Apparently 18.5" - 9" = 18.5" to him. I hope he doesn't have a dog he's fond of. Not to mention "cutting" the barrel wouldn't make it restricted, it would make it prohibited. Unless some manufacturer is turning out new T81 barrels I don't know about.

Quote Originally Posted by BBq_Woa! View Post
    It wouldn't be restricted with a shorter barrel. the barrel length is already way over the requirement for non restricted.

I'm not saying I want a restricted type 81. I'm saying I want a shorter non restricted type 81.
    The current barrel length is too long and looks stupid.
    The non-restricted Type 81 barrel length is 475mm. (18.7")

You could only saw off 5mm before it becomes a restricted firearm. (18" - 18.5")

If you saw off more than 17.8mm it becomes prohibited. (17.99" or less)

However if you could find and install a 2 inch barrel that was specifically manufactured that length, it would be restricted.
    Firearm Rights are Human Rights. CCFR CSSA CPC

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical redneck View Post
    It is possible, Jean jaques coté (on Facebook) makes them with magical craftsmanship
    Are you this Jean jaques coté? You are really pushing him/yourself here with 3 replies in a row.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Our Canadian edition "Oxide" Jaydo Potato has a pretty cool video featuring what u get when u bolt a paddle to the preexisting safety cam... u can see in the slow mo's that its pretty loosy goosey. The safety cam cant really be something with just 30 degree flats cut in it. It needs a more elaborate design to stick firmly in the 2 positions. Especially from a business standpoint where the company is somewhat liable to produce a safety that actually stays on safe when subjected to reasonable force.

So in short developing a proper Type 81 AK safety isnt as simple as many would think. But it is possible

Just saying it how it is.....

TNA I’m here to harass you for an update on the ak style safety again