Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Prices in 2022

Just get a bunch of n133 and give me a call.... I'll buy all of it... nobody can beat me at I much if they don't have powder.... I joke.... but seriously we need n133

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpolliano View Post
    Just get a bunch of n133 and give me a call.... I'll buy all of it... nobody can beat me at I much if they don't have powder.... I joke.... but seriously we need n133
    We have 12X 1 Kg of N133 en-route to us now.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Price increases I can live with. The supply is the killer. I’d pay more for some damn nosler components

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by chasseur View Post
    It s funny that the liberals will throw money at everything else (especially lazy youth that don t want to work and dope heads that want free housing but totally ignore the seniors.
    Seniors are gonna die soon while the youth will vote for a long time to come .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrsplit View Post
    Seniors are gonna die soon while the youth will vote for a long time to come .
    One must remember you may be young today but will be old tomorrow as one is not young forever.So how seniors are treated today is a very important indicator on how they will be treated in future years.
    Last edited by chasseur; 11-18-2021 at 07:20 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm on a work related trip to Illinois right now and I have stopped in to a couple sporting goods stores, a gun shop and a Walmart. In most cases, there is little or no ammo on the shelves (I am not kidding); colleagues have told me of prices in the US for powder of $200/lb. Compared to Canadian dealers, gun prices for most guns are the same in US dollars as ours in Canadian dollars or about 25% higher than Canada with the exchange. So are accessories like scopes.

It's a #### show.
    Omne ferrum ignitum malleo!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cycbb486's Avatar
    I look at the increase in prices and shortages as another form of Gun CONTROL......

Honestly we all know it is BS the cost of these components just like the cost of fuel at the pumps. Thankfully some of us did hoard. An example, when our dollar was at par and even slightly above, that is when I spent my money on barrels. I have enough Bartleins that I may not be able to use them up.

When I see a store has stock in that I may need I grab 1 or 2 of this or that. I may not need it but it is there. If not for me, a buddy.
    My house is PROTECTED by the good LORD and a GUN

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    I read all of these posts reluctantly, but do appreciate PR's transparency, as someone else pointed out. Like most people (I suspect?) I picture myself being able to afford a certain $ amount-per-month to support my various hobbies, AFTER the bills are paid. In my own plan, I try to allocate a certain part of that going towards a new gun/scope at some point in the year, or perhaps an upgrade to an existing one. Sort of a 3-tier priority. With escalating prices, the "new gun/upgrade" is the first to go if things continue the way they are, then down the list..

Difficult to imagine being priced-out of the sport, but I can't help but feel the worst is yet to come. As it stands, I own at least one rifle that rarely see the light of day due to ammo costs, but I now have dies/brass/powder/projectiles to hopefully address that over the winter.

The temptation is always there to think of this through the lens of your own situation, but as someone else mentioned, this can't be good for retailers/distributors either.

In the coming days, I'll be taking a very critical look at the heap of ammo/reloading components in the lock-up, and contemplate a plan that might take me well into 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Meroh View Post
    I'm on a work related trip to Illinois right now and I have stopped in to a couple sporting goods stores, a gun shop and a Walmart. In most cases, there is little or no ammo on the shelves (I am not kidding); colleagues have told me of prices in the US for powder of $200/lb. Compared to Canadian dealers, gun prices for most guns are the same in US dollars as ours in Canadian dollars or about 25% higher than Canada with the exchange. So are accessories like scopes.

It's a #### show.
    Yeah sometimes our smaller market takes longer to feel the pain and sometimes our stock or re-stock lasts longer than down in the US.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456