Thread: QBZ191 in Canada?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by th123 View Post
    We have type 97, type 81 maybe we will have type 191or type 03
    Type 03 deemed to be Prohib by RCMP lab already

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWei View Post
    Type 03 deemed to be Prohib by RCMP lab already
    Either the sample provided was too easy to convert to FA , or the RCMP may have created a FRT entry for the FA one.

The only time that a model has met the end of the road and all redesigns will for sure be classed Prohib is when it is linked as a variant of a named Prohib. So really what you're trying to say is all the examples reviewed by the RCMP up until this point have been deemed to be prohibited, but that doesn't mean that an importer isn't working to have a Canadian compliant model designed and manufactured. An example of this sort of thing happening is the type 97.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Either the sample provided was too easy to convert to FA , or the RCMP may have created a FRT entry for the FA one.

The only time that a model has met the end of the road and all redesigns will for sure be classed Prohib is when it is linked as a variant of a named Prohib. So really what you're trying to say is all the examples reviewed by the RCMP up until this point have been deemed to be prohibited, but that doesn't mean that an importer isn't working to have a Canadian compliant model designed and manufactured. An example of this sort of thing happening is the type 97.
    You are correct! Too bad I think TI or NS said the MSRP for Type 03 is too high and won't be welcomed for the Canadian market.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWei View Post
    You are correct! Too bad I think TI or NS said the MSRP for Type 03 is too high and won't be welcomed for the Canadian market.....
    It's a shame that importers feel this way without providing an estimated price point and letting the people either Express their interest or disinterest with prices the final determining consideration.

I mean if quality was decent and price was comparable based on quality to North American options, I would be interested...
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    It's a shame that importers feel this way without providing an estimated price point and letting the people either Express their interest or disinterest with prices the final determining consideration.

I mean if quality was decent and price was comparable based on quality to North American options, I would be interested...
    Same. I think many of us would rather pay for a relatively authentic modern "ak-ish" gun from the east than spend that on a domestic "not-an-AR".

Quote Originally Posted by .45automatic View Post
    the way things are going. You'll probably be able to pick one up off of the ground soon.
    lol!!!

For those who wants to know I was speaking with someone that works as as military tactics consultant in China which also has close ties with Norinco. He says Norinco currently has no plans to and is not allowed to export any versions of the qbz191. The 191 is part of a military modernization program developed on a contract for the PLA. However, the Cslr7 on the other hand is being considered for export. So don’t
    Get your hopes up lol even it were to happen sounds like the 191 won’t be exported for at least another 5-7 years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr52359289 View Post
    想多了,国内都没列装多少,海外市场更没戏。况且现在中加关系不行,加村国内又左b当道。。。

......exactly

CGN Regular
    I'd buy one even if it's in 5.8, hell most of the cheap ammo comes from China so i wouldn't mind being one of the first to use that ammunition if the price is right. Can't be worse than 5.56x45mm these days. Bummer that they're not exporting it so far, it's probably because they want to reserve the production lines for the military orders first, and that's a lot of guns. The CS/LR17 is one i'd really like to see soon.

Quote Originally Posted by terzl115 View Post
    However, the Cslr7 on the other hand is being considered for export.
    That's interesting. I would've thought the CS/LR was dead in the dirt and that focus was on the 191 over it, and was expecting at least (even if it wasn't semi-auto) for it to be converted to different calibers for export to military markets.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234