Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Show me them Whitetails!!!

Handloaded 375 H&H 260 accubond on top win 760
    https://imgur.com/a/DUZ6K2F
    dreaming of ducks

Gobble Gobble Gobble

Every year my Dad and I mostly do truck hunting. We have a perfect little Nissan 4x4 for this: No power door locks, no power windows, don't care about rough fields, no automatic headlights, we might even a second muffler in-line for next year

After a morning seeing only does, we're ready for lunch so time to fly back into town, fill up with gas and try again in the evening. A short time later, we both catch a flash of a buck and a doe, just the faces really, bedded down in willows just on the other side of the ditch. Dad resists the urge to slam on the brakes! We drive about a kilometer more, turn around and make a game plan. The buck never got up from that nap. In the excitement we forgot about the doe in our game plan, and could have filled a second antlerless tag but oh well one is enough this year. Later in the day I got a double on Hungarian partridge using an Ithaca 37 bought from jimbow47. Damn I love CGN.

Name:  IMG_2703.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  101.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_2708.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  105.0 KB

Thanks to AC Douglas Gunsmithing in Saskatoon. Craig rebarreled my 1944 German Mauser action in 308 and now its my most consistent rifle. Go see him.

This is also the first year I tried using all-copper bullets for hunting. In this rifle, 150g Federal blue box copper or lead shoot to same point of aim, same accuracy, same effect on deer, even the price is about the same.

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Holy cow post 18.....that deer on steroids...... geeeez!
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

Great thread Wolverine !! Congrats to all the successful hunters...from an envious east coast hunter
    Last edited by kevin g; 11-26-2021 at 07:34 AM. Reason: grammar
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

My friends..yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!

Not my buck. My brother in-law shot this in Mid November. Interior BC public land. Shot with 280 REM

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Only by the name of Jesus! Acts 4:12

<.......OUTSIDE..... in the Rocky Mountain Trench.........>
    Wow!!

Uber Super GunNutz davide montini's Avatar
    Holy o flack !!,!,!!!! What the heck do these deer eat to get a rack like that
    And on Manitoulin island the deer are equal to the size of 2 German shepherds put together!
    Ya there small
    viva la FICA ..E va fan culo!!!!!..Ontario government is like the nazis ..too many family and friends in the government...it's who you know and blow

edit
    Last edited by 7mmremmagnum; 12-04-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123