Show me them Whitetails!!!

Every year my Dad and I mostly do truck hunting. We have a perfect little Nissan 4x4 for this: No power door locks, no power windows, don't care about rough fields, no automatic headlights, we might even a second muffler in-line for next year :)

After a morning seeing only does, we're ready for lunch so time to fly back into town, fill up with gas and try again in the evening. A short time later, we both catch a flash of a buck and a doe, just the faces really, bedded down in willows just on the other side of the ditch. Dad resists the urge to slam on the brakes! We drive about a kilometer more, turn around and make a game plan. The buck never got up from that nap. In the excitement we forgot about the doe in our game plan, and could have filled a second antlerless tag but oh well one is enough this year. Later in the day I got a double on Hungarian partridge using an Ithaca 37 bought from jimbow47. Damn I love CGN.

IMG_2703.jpg
IMG_2708.jpg

Thanks to AC Douglas Gunsmithing in Saskatoon. Craig rebarreled my 1944 German Mauser action in 308 and now its my most consistent rifle. Go see him.

This is also the first year I tried using all-copper bullets for hunting. In this rifle, 150g Federal blue box copper or lead shoot to same point of aim, same accuracy, same effect on deer, even the price is about the same.

Attachments

• IMG_2703.jpg
    IMG_2703.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_2708.jpg
    IMG_2708.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 450
Holy o flack !!,!,!!!! What the heck do these deer eat to get a rack like that
And on Manitoulin island the deer are equal to the size of 2 German shepherds put together!
Ya there small

Back
Top Bottom