Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Show me them Whitetails!!!

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384

Show me them Whitetails!!!

Well, we are half way through the season, show me them whitetails!! Drop a pic and tell us the story !
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

My wife shot a nice buck on our honeymoon! Turns out my attempt at posting a picture didn’t work.. https://ibb.co/HGh0fRVAnyways, we went elk hunting for our honeymoon. We stayed in an old home steaders shack that’s been used as a hunting cabin for a few years now. No power, but it did have a 1920’s cook stove inside. Each morning as we departed to hunt elk we noticed a large bodied deer leaving an oat field. After a few days of hunting without much luck, I suggested that we should walk down there a before sunrise.

As we approached the fence line from the trail it was just light enough to see two bucks through glass. One at 205 metres and another at 274. We stood motionless and silent waiting for legal light, hoping that they’d stay put. Fortunately they did! The closest buck was standing perfectly broadside, I motioned to my wife to take the shot. I watched it rear up on impact and head for the bush.. It never made it off of the field. Perfect double lung hit.

For once in my life, a buck GREW when we approached. That’s only her second deer, her first was nice too.. But this one is bigger than anything I’ve been able to harvest.. And yes, we are still happily married haha.
    Last edited by pipeliner; 11-18-2021 at 06:24 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IronCanadian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    My wife shot a nice buck on our honeymoon! Turns out my attempt at posting a picture didn’t work..
    Nice buck, what part of the province? Click Embed Codes at the bottom and copy the BBCode to imbed the picture.

Here's my whitetail...
    At some point in their life, everyone will gamble on a fart and lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

oh dang..... noice!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LawrenceN's Avatar
    I nailed a nice 8 pt. buck on Fri. 5 Nov. One clean heart shot at about 60 yds. He did a stumbling run for about 20 yds. and nosed over and that was all she wrote. I was using a Winchester Mod.100 in .308 and 150 gr. Hornady Interlocks on top of 45.5 gr. Accurate 2495. My rifle really likes that load and prints 1" to 1-1/8" groups consistently at 100 yds.

Went out for 2 weeks as my 2nd season of deer hunting. Got skunked last year, and first week. Was getting super desperate and worried by Monday. Thursday, Friday was calling for rain and Saturday was last day. Well, Tuesday my buddy gets an 8 point and we rejoice! Wednesday comes around and he tells me "it'd be a Christmas miracle if we fill your tag on Wednesday and we can pack up camp for Thursday before the rain." We were setup in a 10-man Army Arctic tent with a wood stove.

4pm comes around Wednesday, we've sat on a ridge all day overlooking a small clear cut, covered by a tiny pine wall we made as a blind. Our actual Canadian Tire blinds were setup in a field that we staked all week 1. 4:20 hits and I hear a stick snap about 100yards out. This buck comes waltzing towards us, no F's given, walks up to the bottom of our ridge, now about 20 yards away from me. I've got my scope up on it for the whole time. He was going behind trees and I kept losing him, and he was front facing. Eventually my buddy bleats, the buck turned left from behind a pine tree. He signals he's gonna grunt the buck, buck turned his head and I took the shot through his left shoulder and blew his heart to pieces. Crashed about 5 meters and dropped. Best first kill and experience I ever had. We couldn't believe what happened!

Tikka T3 CTR 308 I picked up in the EE.
    Handloaded Hornady SST 150gr/IMR4320 powder

Last edited by TeTris MoNk; 11-18-2021 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added picture

First time hunting in a decade. A Ruger American in .223 with a cheap (sub-$50) Barsaka scope but a premium 60 grain bullet took out a lung and the liver then exited busting a rib. Not my preferred big game chambering but its legal in SK and with close range (65 yards) and good shot placement it does the job just fine.

Was stalking the bush as soon as legal on opening day, spotted a small buck and missed my first attempt. Searched 2 hrs for a blood train or any tracks but no dice. Was a bit dejected back at house for lunch but went out again after lunch and spotted another small buck and commenced a stalk but blew it when a second deer showed up and surprised me. Decided to hunker down at the above spot where there is a funnel as game crosses a small stream. About 15 minutes after the picture was taken I spotted movement and got ready to take the shot. She walked into a clean shooting lane and I put her down, went 65 feet and down, another round to the head and it was time to get busy.

Hanging in my garage now, will process on Saturday.

Little buck I called bully. Had him on camera last year in the same area. He was always stomping the coons and his siblings at the corn pile. He was a 4 point before he got to being a bully again. Small guy that ran into a big nasty grunt call ready to take on a buck way above his weight class. He was wheezing and grunting all the way in, head and tail straight out with hackles up.

Name:  IMG_20211116_090540138_HDR.jpg
Views: 1603
Size:  141.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20211104_173555462.jpg
Views: 1595
Size:  146.7 KB
    "People who have never owned or used one claim that the Remington pump guns are not as accurate as their bolt guns.

And the people who own and shoot them just chuckle at those statements."

<.......OUTSIDE..... in the Rocky Mountain Trench.........>
    I just shot this one today Nov 20th here in Southeastern BC.

Killed him with my trusty 1981 Remington 700 BDL in 30-06 with a 165 grain Hornady Interlock behind 63 grains of RL 22.

I was walking around in an area I've taken 6 or 7 bucks over the years.

Then about an hour after dawn, I saw a doe feeding about 75 yards away, down a bit of a hill.

After watching her for a few minutes, I saw the buck, but he quickly went behind a clump of trees.

Neither of them saw me yet.

After about 10 minutes the buck came out again and I shot him, he dropped in his tracks.

Last edited by The Outsider; 11-20-2021 at 07:34 PM.

The trusty Ol' M1 worked well this year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast