Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Giveaway- What do you think is the most important thing about a flashlight?

I will stays where I'm at 'til you knows where I'm to
    High and low output options.

Fit for hand and for pocket.

Durability.
    CCFR
    Do it right THIS time, you may not get a NEXT time.
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    For me run time is important, dead flashlights aren't much use to anyone. Build quality is next, I have a couple of competitor's lights, and both have broken down on me with very little use. Lumens are important, but I think you need to have a flashlight for each situation, I'd sure love to get one of those 5k+ flood lights to light up a field if the need arises.
    #Originally Posted by#rustyn*t1#

Are you talking about checkers? Snakes and ladders? Trudeau is not smart enough to play chess.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canadian Sig's Avatar
    Ease of function. For example, if it has a strobe function (and it should) I don't want to have to cycle through other functions to get to strobe.

1. Runtime is key - also predictability of the runtime
    2. Output/lumens - This is important, but it is tied very closely to Runtime
    3. Appearance is important to me

Reliability - features don't matter if its broken
    Run time
    Output / beam

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IronCanadian's Avatar
    Runtime
    Lumens
    Weight
    At some point in their life, everyone will gamble on a fart and lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nr 1 By far is Ergonomics. Can you deploy with with one hand? Where are the controls? Are they intuitive? How does it fit in your hand? How heavy is it ? Carrying something heavy on your belt every day for 12 hrs gets old really fast. Same as having a big chunk of metal hanging on the business end of your rifle.
    Nr2. Reliability. I have 2 on me because 1 is none and 2 is 1. I want to be sure that when I pull the thing out it will go every time. Yes —-pun intended ��
    Nr 3. Actual brightness. I don’t care about a nr on a paper… you know the: my lumens are bigger than yours ,war between manufacturers. I want the thing to be bright. Nowadays adjustable brightness and strobe are pretty much standard. If not, I’d rather it to be brighter than dimmer. I can deal with some whitewash from a white wall in a room better than not being able to see the end of a long dark hallway.
    That being said , I checked out your giveaway flashlight and it hits pretty much every want/need for me.

I need a light to work and be tough, come on strong every time I flick the switch. I used to have a mine safety light that I bought from a sporting goods store. The store owner had a demo light that he would repeatedly throw across the store and turn it on after retrieving it, quick sale for me. I have too many lights that flicker after turning them on and need a good whack to shine bright.

runtime
    multiple brightness levels, including moon light
    pocketability

Cheers

Durability & Runtime, in that order.
    Appearance not very important;
    A simple On/Off switch works for me.