Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: CZ 600 - Available now and in stock

This is extremely disappointing…. That and the CRF are the primary reasons I want one of these…. It sounds like all they are doing is putting lock tight on the barrel screws?

CGN Regular
    Interesting, if you scroll down there's an FAQ. All 600 models. No parts are being replaced. They do say caliber conversions are still possible but only through authorized service centers. Attempting to do so on your own voids warranty.

So I guess they're putting a sticker over the screws that says removal voids warranty?

Sounds like it, lock tight and sticker over the screws. Hopefully this doesn’t negatively impact options for buying barrel kits…

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    Wow, talk about R&D dollars down the drain. Kind of a bummer; whole design seemed to hinge on that. Wonder if it is still less expensive from a manufacturing perspective than a traditional barrel

One part of me wishes we got in some of the early models just so that we can play with them. There are so many questions that will be so much easier to answer when we have some of them on hand.
    Tesro Inc
    Site Sponsor
    Located in Ottawa Ontario - Contact us at info@tesro.ca for questions, appointments and order pick-ups
    www.tesro.ca
    facebook/tesroca
    instagram.com/tesrocanada

A bit of heat and the screws are easily removed. I wouldn't sweat it, just lawyer approved BS.
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

Might as well thread the barrel at this point and have a fixed barrel.
    "Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” Only by the name of Jesus! Acts 4:12

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Last nail in the coffin for me on any 600's, the first being no 6.5x55.

Will keep my 527 and not bother with any new CZ rifles.

Too bad, I have 2 x 455 and a 527 and they are awesome rifles. The 455's I have changed barrels on both, no issues.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Yet another company that pissed away it's reputation for making good stuff to keep their margins thick.

Quote Originally Posted by conor_90 View Post
    Wow, talk about R&D dollars down the drain. Kind of a bummer; whole design seemed to hinge on that. Wonder if it is still less expensive from a manufacturing perspective than a traditional barrel
    What r&d dollars, they used hex screws. They easily could have done something robust like a cam locking interrupted thread, but instead they went for the lowest cost, cheapest option. And botched it too.
    I hope the budget for the entire development wasn't more than like 500 bucks.

Seriously, how do you introduce a new line of rifles to cut costs, market them on having a removable barrel and not go "OK let's take some time here and think how the user could possibly screw this process up and make sure they can't."

CZ is over.
    Last edited by Goose762; 05-03-2022 at 11:50 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer conor_90's Avatar
    You should send them a resume and ask about jobs in their R&D department, sounds like you have it figured out.

I don’t know if I’d put this on lawyers, apparently rifles fired with incorrectly installed barrels during testing; no reports of an owner with a blown up gun according to CZ. Might be a legitimate safety risk if they are pulling a feature they have been advertising for months as a big sell that appeals to Euro consumers. Might also be covering their ass and Cz approved gunsmiths will just be hitting screws with a heat gun and changing the barrel in 10 seconds like it was advertised; this seems a lot more likely.

I really don’t think this is the death knell of the 600, it’s competing with similarly priced firearms that don’t have its other features.

Still kind of into the idea of a 3 lug 60 degree throw CRF rifle with a top load detach magazine, modern dimension stock, integral pic mounts and alloy receiver, but some of the appeal is gone for sure. I really wanted to see how light an alpha could get with the contour on the lux models