Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ 600 - Available now and in stock

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by y2k View Post
    Does the trail model use ar15 mags
    Yes
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I'm wondering if the Ergo switch barrels will fit the Lux (they seem the same profile)? I pre-ordered a Lux in 308, but will mostly shoot with scope so having a switch barrel in 6.5 PRC would make for a very versatile hunting kit! Can't wait to come pick it up!
    They are the same barrel profile and same action size. So, yes you can. Good idea. I ordered an 8x57 Alpha (which has a semi-heavy barrel profile), and I will be ordering a 300 WM barrel when available. Super stoked over mine too.

Attachment 556550
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

I saw North Sylva saying the ETA is pushed back to 2nd or 3rd quarter, is that the case with these?
    CCFR, CSSA member!

CGN frequent flyer
    I'm wondering if the Ergo switch barrels will fit the Lux (they seem the same profile)? I pre-ordered a Lux in 308, but will mostly shoot with scope so having a switch barrel in 6.5 PRC would make for a very versatile hunting kit! Can't wait to come pick it up!
    I would make sure that you can do that.

There seems to be some inconsistencies in the info coming out about the 600 series. The .308 is on the ii/medium length action. The CZ info says 6.5PRC is also the II/medium action, the Tesro site shows it as a III/long action. This actually makes sense as the PRC needs a 3” magazine to function properly. Most short action mags will handle just over 2.8” OAL, the PRC is SAAMI spec 2.955” OAL, some bullets can go longer.

I emailed CZ to ask if you will be able to use or adapt shorter magazines into longer actions. For example, if you have a .30-06 (III/long action), can you fit a 6.5CM barrel and use a magazine from a II/medium action. The guy who responded said no. I assume that you could do what I just said and use the .30-06 mag with 6.5CM (or .308 etc) ammo, but you won’t know until you try. In the case you mention the 6.RPRC will need to work in the II action. Do we know for sure that the PRC is a II or III action/magazine?

Other inconsistencies are chambering’s. The 6mm CM on the CZ website is listed in the Alpha or Range, not the Ergo. Tesro is showing the Ergo for pre-order in 6mm CM (which I am interested in).The Canada options show 6CM in Ergo but NOT Alpha or Range, i.e. opposite to the CZ website. Confusing…

Also, FYI, the CZ response said that currently there are no plans to offer any other chambering’s in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by kayaker1; 01-21-2022 at 12:14 PM.

I am going to wait for a longer barreled version of the Lux. I would really love it if they would put on a tangent rear sight, like one the 22LR Lux line, but I can't see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by kayaker1 View Post
    I would make sure that you can do that.

There seems to be some inconsistencies in the info coming out about the 600 series. The .308 is on the ii/medium length action. The CZ info says 6.5PRC is also the II/medium action, the Tesro site shows it as a III/long action. This actually makes sense as the PRC needs a 3” magazine to function properly. Most short action mags will handle just over 2.8” OAL, the PRC is SAAMI spec 2.955” OAL, some bullets can go longer.
    Thanks for the information! I know 6.5 PRC is a longer cartridge. I would imagine CZ designed its actions to fit the longest cartridge of every action length "category" so maybe they stretched the "short" action a bit specifically for the PRC (don't forget they have a mini size as well). In any case, 308 fits 90 % of the hunting scenarios I am envisioning. Also, if the Ergo barrel profile is not of the same profile and cannot inlet in the Lux stock, which would be stupid from a modularity aspect, there will surely be options for aftermarket stocks. I wonder if any barrel manufacturer will venture to make prefit barrels also. Worst case scenario if needing more fire power, a Savage Ultralight in 300 WSM would fit in my MDT XRS!
    Last edited by Marcos; 01-21-2022 at 02:49 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Also, if the Ergo barrel profile is not of the same and cannot inlet in the Lux stock, !
    The Ergo barrel is thinner, so should fit the wider barrel channel of the Lux? According to CZ you can fit the thinner barrel into the Lux stock: https://www.czub.cz/file/3218

Quote Originally Posted by kayaker1 View Post
    The Ergo barrel is thinner, so should fit the wider barrel channel of the Lux? According to CZ you can fit the thinner barrel into the Lux stock: https://www.czub.cz/file/3218
    Thanks for that table! The way I understand it, the Lux ONLY can accept the thinnest barrels. When looking at videos/photos, the Lux barrel in itself is far from a "pencil barrel", while the Ergo barrels is visibly finer than the Alpha "semi-heavy", so Lux/Ergo profile must be very similar/the same, with the difference of Lux having sights. I guess only time will tell! I still can't wait to try it haha.

EDIT: Very interesting: Looking at the total rifle length of the Alpha in 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC, there is a 51 mm difference, which is 100% accounted for by the difference in barrel length. The same is true between the 308 and 6.5 PRC As such, their receivers must all be the same length!
    Last edited by Marcos; 01-21-2022 at 03:02 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Good point. There seems to be lots of inconsistent and unclear info on these. Looking forward to seeing one in-person.

Any word from shot show? I’m hungry for a trail in 7.62x39