Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: CZ 600 - Available now and in stock

Quote Originally Posted by conor_90 View Post
    You should send them a resume and ask about jobs in their R&D department, sounds like you have it figured out.

There's nothing to "figure out".
    CZ has for years now been discontinuing relatively excellent, well selling firearms purely to replace them with more cheaply made versions to give them a larger profit margin, or more realistically to keep the margins the same without significantly increasing retail in a world of rising costs.

It's not a question of needing to hire me or any other particular engineer to assist them in their "value engineering" endeavor, it's a question of as a consumer recognizing the CZ brand isn't what it used to be and looking elsewhere if you want a brand that distinguishes itself on craftsmanship and not "value" products.

I have learned not to react to recalls anymore. They are often small issues that have affected most brands, and this sounds like CZ is just covering their a$$es. Red loctite on three bolts is not really a big deal. Once I get mine, I will have my local Smith remove the bolts (and replace them if necessary) and reset with blue loctite. Let's hope spare barrels are readily available. Is the 600 built like the older Brno's and 550's? Of course not. All the big players are the same. Just buy a quality older rifle when you feel the need to admire nice wood, blued steel and no plastic, and take your modern rifle out in the rain to put meat in the freezer.

I for one like every CZ product made to date. The 600 will likely also fill a niche for my needs
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So do we know if the shipment got sent back to Europe for recall work or has it already landed in Canada?
    .338 is where the fun starts.

It's very late. I suspect it was held up in CZ to ensure "the fix" was done and then shipped. I really hope Tesro DOES NOT tweak them if, by chance, they came "as originally designed". I am totally good with regularly checking torque on barrel screws!
    "People not only don't know what's happening to them, they don't even know that they don't know." Noam Chomsky

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Not Tesro's fault, but if I pre-ordered one of these with the expectation of user changeable barrels and it turns out that is not the case, I would be refusing the rifle and asking for my money back.

Basically CZ pulled a bait and switch IMHO. Definitely not as advertised.

"Due to its modular design, users can easily switch to a different caliber from the range for a given receiver size, or switch to a different barrel profile (limited by the stock design). When reassembling the barrel, accuracy is guaranteed after the first cold shot."
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Regular
    Any more info on when these chunky monkeys are expected to arrive?

I am eager to get mine. My Smith is also ready to remove the barrel bolts

Does anyone know if the x39 mags will work in the 527?
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I just bought a 527 to tide me over while I wait for my 600.
    .338 is where the fun starts.

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    Does anyone know if the x39 mags will work in the 527?
    Probably not.