Rangeview Sports Canada
    1111 Davis Dr. Unit # 28B
    Newmarket, ON L3Y 8X2 Canada

Visit Online: www.rangeviewsports.ca/
    Phone: 905-868-6666
    Email: service@rangeviewsports.ca

Facebook | Instagram| Youtube

BANNED
    I was going to buy a rifle but wanting photos of my pal and driver's license I just closed the screen thanks but no thanks.
    Last edited by BIG SHOOTZ; 11-30-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Never did understand why they needed photos of both. But for the price I picked up the Benelli M4 at I didn't care

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHOOTZ View Post
    I was going to buy a rifle but wanting photos 9f my pal and driver's licence I just closed the screen thanks but no thanks.
    Same

RANGEVIEW.

FYI I agree with those above, in the past I've been a good customer to your store.
    I've spent thousands there in the past couple years.

However these days I choose not to deal with you because of this ridiculous policy of requiring uploads of customers identification.
    You have all of this info in your system as I am an existing customer.

I don't wish for copies of my documents floating around cyberspace.

Money talks. Get rid of this policy.
    You're the only store that seems to require this nonsense.

Wow, msrp on the Ruger 10/22 is $459 now?
    "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome"

Quote Originally Posted by Groovin View Post
    RANGEVIEW.

FYI I agree with those above, in the past I've been a good customer to your store.
    I've spent thousands there in the past couple years.

However these days I choose not to deal with you because of this ridiculous policy of requiring uploads of customers identification.
    You have all of this info in your system as I am an existing customer.

I don't wish for copies of my documents floating around cyberspace.

Money talks. Get rid of this policy.
    You're the only store that seems to require this nonsense.
    I can agree with this. But when I called and asked they assured me the info is deleted as soon as the item is picked up or delivered. It even states that on the policy.

Now I am all about my personal information not being shared. Heck I even took my house off google maps. If anyone uses a modern day smart phone , ever said hey google or hey Siri you’re information is already long gone. I have been trying to go back to the world of a standard flip phone but even those have google services on them which means your location is being tracked.

The vast majority simply don’t care to have anything hidden. I did purchase an item on a Black Friday deal. I was surprised when they emailed me back asking for my DL. But I again, liked the deal at the time more then the thought of my DL being sent to someone.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by BIG SHOOTZ View Post
    I was going to buy a rifle but wanting photos of my pal and driver's license I just closed the screen thanks but no thanks.
    Same here. Was going to pick up a couple of things, but I refuse to send someone I don't know, my personal info. Supposedly it's destroyed after your purchase, but in this day and age, I trust no one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by colddjinn View Post
    Same here. Was going to pick up a couple of things, but I refuse to send someone I don't know, my personal info. Supposedly it's destroyed after your purchase, but in this day and age, I trust no one.
    I wish Rangeview would actually address their customers concerns. These threads always question their policy but I am not aware that they have ever explained why their policies are so different from other retailers. I would also like to know if this policy is onside with PIPEDA. I have had my personal information stolen in the past after providing it to 2 different legitimate well established companies. One was due to an electronic data breach and the other was a shady employee that stole the information for profit. I'm not accusing anyone at Rangeview of being shady, however when you collect extraneous personal info (DL) there is a certain responsibility that comes with that. Privacy Commissioners in the past have said that retailers policies that record the driver’s licence number or that require photocopies or scans are not justifiable.

I want to be a Rangeview customer but until this policy changes it won't happen. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by AB.boy View Post
    I wish Rangeview would actually address their customers concerns. These threads always question their policy but I am not aware that they have ever explained why their policies are so different from other retailers. I would also like to know if this policy is onside with PIPEDA. I have had my personal information stolen in the past after providing it to 2 different legitimate well established companies. One was due to an electronic data breach and the other was a shady employee that stole the information for profit. I'm not accusing anyone at Rangeview of being shady, however when you collect extraneous personal info (DL) there is a certain responsibility that comes with that. Privacy Commissioners in the past have said that retailers policies that record the driver’s licence number or that require photocopies or scans are not justifiable.

I want to be a Rangeview customer but until this policy changes it won't happen. YMMV.
    this policy perfectly demonstrates the ignorance and arrogance of this business. they should have been reported to privacy commissioner of Canada and being criminally charged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast