Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday is now over...... I want your thoughts.

As far as Black Friday sales go, if there’s something I’m looking to buy around that time of year I will definitely hold off till I see what stores offer on Black Friday.

If the item I wanted goes on sale, I buy it. If it didn’t make the cut for a sale (as can be the norm with some firearm makes), I shrug and buy it at whatever retail price there is. Not sure if this helps, just how I operate.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by drift1122 View Post
    I always thought black friday was a way to move old stock.
    Not any more...replaced by "sticker" and "magnet" lotteries...

Amazing what sorts of crap people will throw their hat into the ring for.

I'm also mainly buying what I want when I want it.

However I did visit the Wolverine site to check on a Burris scope they have listed hoping for a small discount but it was just regular price.

So I held off since I already bought a used rifle this week and will wait if Christmas brings a discount or not

Glad I have most bases covered in the gun department and a good stock of reloading components so most items are now in the "want" category instead of the "need".
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

I only buy things on sale, this year was kinda less interesting than average, but likely due to the smaller selection ala the turd in chief.

It's just another day for me switched to a Koodo flip phone a couple months ago cause I no longer liked how my iPhone SE was taking a grip on my life filling me with distractions etc through addictive applications/social media even though people can't live without it. Not too long ago we did live without it and we survived.

I may purchase a new rifle next year (Weatherby Mark V) after I sell some used one's to muster up the funds.

We have come a consumption driven society whose happiness is derived from how much and how often we can consume. People now spend so much time on line that they struggle to communicate face to face with people. I had that conversation with my son regarding his talk while playing with strangers online. if you talk that way to people online it will be come a habit that will spill into your life when your out in public and when it happens you are going to be throat punched.... and I will laugh.

Why buy more when the ban lists are going to be expanded? Many of us will be downsizing in April, and not by choice...

Quote Originally Posted by REKO View Post
    We have come a consumption driven society whose happiness is derived from how much and how often we can consume. People now spend so much time on line that they struggle to communicate face to face with people. I had that conversation with my son regarding his talk while playing with strangers online. if you talk that way to people online it will be come a habit that will spill into your life when your out in public and when it happens you are going to be throat punched.... and I will laugh.
    When people depend too much on their phones your going to lose your ability to think it will be known as digital dementia in the years to come. Back in the day all we did was interact with people face to face, while playing outside heck give me a couple grape crates and I will make a goalie blocker using an old glove and some sponges. You build critical thinking/planning skills - today youth are not.

I usually just buy what I want, when I need it. The issue in Canada is that almost anything I want is not available, or sells out in a few hours (or minutes). I'm always very surprised when what I want goes on sale, at any time of the year.
    The West wants Out!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    I bought a gun after humming and hawwing over it on other past sales and decided not to miss it this time.

I'd have bought more things this year but budget issues lol
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.