Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday is now over...... I want your thoughts.

To answer the original question and speaking in general, some people are just bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. You can't please them all and I wouldn't bother trying. If you can't afford it full retail price, then you shouldn't buy it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino86 View Post
    Free shipping.. except on ammo

such BS
    Have you shipped anything recently?

Ur issue is with carrier. Free shipping is a luxury
    SINGLE ISSUE VOTER. Vote CPC or gun bans I'd rather be judged my 12 than carried by 6.
    A guide to filing an ATIP:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...n-ATIP-Federal

I proudly participated in Black Friday!

I bought a Nintendo Switch game...

CGN Regular
    I do not bother with Black Friday sales. Just another reason to buy #### I do not need. If I need something I buy it - if it is on sale bonus, if not whatever.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Bought a new stove for the house on black friday sales

Increase distribution and amount of distributors

More companies like vault and North Silva
    Last edited by patjohnw; 12-04-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Slightly off topic. What I would like to see when I buy ammunition is a quick check whether it can actually be shipped to me. Slot for your postal code with a yes or no we can’t ship to you

Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    1) People, in general, have gotten a lot less friendly in the last 2yrs. Sorry for anyone that works the front lines and has to deal with that
    2) The economic recovery has not been a V shape like normal it has been a K shape. Some people recovered fine and others are still struggling. Money is still tight for a lot of us.
    3) we have been conditioned to expect free shipping for pretty much anything over $100. Now that shipping costs have gone up it doesn't make sense for you to eat that but some big places still can. Its hard for me to change my expectation quickly.
    4) i have firearms fatigue. with all these incoming ban scares and availability shortages I've been buying everything I can afford every month. i don't have a coffee can with cash like i usually did.
    5) inflation/USD conversion. The price of everything has been going up a lot recently. this isn't just on you, it's everywhere. but my paycheque is the same.
    6) The sales- your actual question. Most of the sale prices I saw (at all retailers) were basically the regular sticker price from 18 months ago. It's hard to get excited for that. I bought some ammo but that was about it. There were some hot items that were marked down but no door crashers that would justify me going into debt to have.

I completely understand that your business model doesn't give you the same kinds of margin on firearms as you have on accessories/merchandise.

I don't have any suggestions on what you could do differently? I think the market will struggle for a while. Hopeful you will continue to be successful!

Pretty much this. I was mainly looking for reloading supplies but the "sale" prices were not good enough to make me burn up the credit card.
    Last edited by island4x4; 12-03-2021 at 11:08 AM.
    Stock ammo high and deep until it encroaches in on your wife's sewing area. Then you have enough.

CGN frequent flyer Iron Sighted's Avatar
    I bought some lights for a few guns to try out because they were fairly deeply discounted and I likely would not have bought otherwise.

The thing I wanted to buy the most was reloading components but due to the current state of affairs shipping costs are too steep for me to justify buying even with discounted prices on the components so I will probably buy all my powder and primers locally and pay a bit more up front and have to deal with a much smaller selection and available quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Have you shipped anything recently?

Ur issue is with carrier. Free shipping is a luxury
    A luxury sure, but the places that offer it will get more business plain and simple.