Buying online

Tinybear

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sorry if this is a silly question.

But let’s say I buy ammo from cabellas online. And have it shipped.
Does that go streight to the post office and I pick up? Or goes to the house and I have to be there?

I am the only one with a pal in my household? And I work from 5am to 3pm. So usually miss mail deliveries.

So I am assuming it just gets picked up at the post office and you show your PAL and ID there?

https://www.cabelas.ca/pages/shipping-handling

AMMUNITION, POWDERS and PRIMERS:
Live ammunition, powders and primers cannot ship by air or via Canada Post; these items will be shipped via GROUND courier service. These non-postal freight charges are the customer's responsibility and will be applied to the total order cost. Both a daytime phone number and street address are required for these shipments.

OTHER DANGEROUS/HAZARDOUS GOODS:
As with ammunition, powder and primers, these items will require special shipping and/or carrier. Additional shipping charges will be applicable to these orders. A Customer Service Representative will contact you with details on these additional charges once they have reviewed your order

I’m sorry if this is a silly question.

But let’s say I buy ammo from cabellas online. And have it shipped.
Does that go streight to the post office and I pick up? Or goes to the house and I have to be there?

I am the only one with a pal in my household? And I work from 5am to 3pm. So usually miss mail deliveries.

So I am assuming it just gets picked up at the post office and you show your PAL and ID there?

Courier is paid to deliver a parcel. Thats it.
They have no idea what's inside. Thus not requiring PAL to move/deliver it.

Mailman doesn't require a PAL to deliver it to your house or even to your wife.

Canada Post doesn't take ammo.

Some Canadian dealers offer free shipping if you buy over x amount (usually $200-$300).

If you are not home couriers have "Smart Drop" locations near your home where they will deliver it to and leave you a notice saying where you can pick it up. It will be in either one of their own stores or a convenience store.

Signature is required even under COVID rules.

So simple enuff thanks. Just wasent sure how it would work. I think for myself I’m more likely to just shop local then. Thanks again.

I haven't had a driver ask for a signature since Covid started, even though the seller has paid for that extra

got ammo from cabelas delivered earlier this week (from black Friday sale)

The just left it at the door like it was anything else from amazon.

Back
Top Bottom