Business Member
Rating - 95.7%
22   1   0

Attachments

• B&T AG APC223-SA .223 Rem. (5.56 Nato) 477mm Barrel 1-7 Twist poster.jpg
    B&T AG APC223-SA .223 Rem. (5.56 Nato) 477mm Barrel 1-7 Twist poster.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 6,405
There seems to be various "Gen" with these APC223s

Gen 1: original with non-removable pistol grip, M15x1 barrel thread, non-folding charging handle, and proprietary rail mounts

Gen 1.1: same as Gen 1 except MLOK handguard

Gen 1.5: same as Gen 1.1 except folding charging handle, 1/2x28 barrel thread

Gen 2: same as Gen 1.5 except replaceable pistol grip. The version being sold here

The mechanical components have not changed though. Mainly cosmetic and accessories related.

If they come out with a new Gen that has non-reciprocating charging handle, I would THEN consider it an actual upgrade as the bolt carrier supposedly needs some changes (like they did on the APC9k)

A nice rifle regardless - smooth action and really high quality machining.

Last edited:
How is this $3k better than .... WK180 ?

Even if we brought back the AR's, the APC would still be a top tier rifle, among the best you could possibly buy. I'd choose this over the HK MR223 any day of the week.

To even compare the WK to the APC is downright blasphemous IMO.

It's like saying why does McDavid get paid more than Nylander? They are both professional hockey players, one just plays better. A lot better.

How is this $3k better than .... WK180 ?

I have 2 MCRs and also an APC223. Two have been through warranty and one is over 1,000 rounds without a single malfunction. Should be able to guess what's what.

However, I will say, the MCR is not inaccurate in any way. My APC is 8 inches shorter however so not comparing apples to apples. If you get one that feeds all the time and doesn't have the firing pin explode out on you, I'm guessing those people are happy with it. For those that are actually looking to replace their AR-15 temporarily, many of us being below NR length already, there's no better replacement on the market than B&Ts guns.

Thanks RangeView Sports!

Really appreciated you being able to delay shipping until I got home from the holidays.

This was definitely the gen2 with folding charging handle and removable pistol grip.

Based on some of the comments on here I expected it to feel a lot heavier. Doesn’t seem too heavy or unbalanced to me, but I have long arms/6feet tall

It also doesn’t look as bulky in person compared to the stock photos.

Anyone try factory 5.56 ammo in their APC223? (Winchester white box/federal etc)

Even if we brought back the AR's, the APC would still be a top tier rifle, among the best you could possibly buy. I'd choose this over the HK MR223 any day of the week.

To even compare the WK to the APC is downright blasphemous IMO.

It's like saying why does McDavid get paid more than Nylander? They are both professional hockey players, one just plays better. A lot better.

Lol love this comparison. Bang on. Go Leafs Go

What you find on wolverine sites for apc223 is probably pretty much it. However if you have b&t part numbers you just email or call them to order it. Could takes months+++ but eventually you might get something

How available are these going to be? I’m not trying to advertise, but I have a somewhat uncommon rifle I’m going to sell to finance this but I don’t want to sell it if I can’t replace it.

How available are these going to be? I’m not trying to advertise, but I have a somewhat uncommon rifle I’m going to sell to finance this but I don’t want to sell it if I can’t replace it.

They come in waves, its really is a great rifle.
Mine has 1k+ rounds of federal 223/556 with ZERO malfunctions.

I cant say that about alot of my guns.

my advice: get the service manual from preston precision and lube it to spec.
As well the stock, stock sucks - youll want to get the apc308 stock ( adjustable with riser ) or the ACR adaptor.

Back
Top Bottom