Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SJ Hardware shotgun followers

SJ Hardware shotgun followers

Small things make bring problems.
    Shotguns are a simple ..sometimes brutal firearm.
    But one thingis true, if you can't feed it it will not work.
    We call this the $40 rule.
    You need a good magazine spring, follower, extractor and smoth polished chamber
    No matter if you have a norinco or a Franchie, if you have an issue with one of these things you will have a failure with your firearm.
    The #1 issue we have seen in the last 30 years in the follower. Which is why we designed our followers.
    Again it's the small things .

We have one for almost all shotguns
    Machined from medical grade Delrin.
    Will not be affected by heat or cold and requires no lubrication.
    With over 1 million sold in 37 countries around the world, they are the number 1 sold after market follower in the world..
    If you depend on your shotgun for what ever reason
    Take a look at our follower .
    Available world wide.
    Info@sjhardware.com
    Name:  IMG_20211208_224830_721.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  48.6 KB

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    You guys have made and sold over a million mag followers?
    That is impressive.
    (Did you keep the millionth follower off the production line?)
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by stripperclipper View Post
    You guys have made and sold over a million mag followers?
    That is impressive.
    (Did you keep the millionth follower off the production line?)
    yes 18 yrs of making them, we have had some massive orders, over the years
    yes we did its been cast in resin and sites in my office , next to our first prototype.
    bbb

wondering if the type 5 follower has been tested with the Benelli Supernova, or if you think it would work? I saw online it has been tested with some shotguns, but not Benelli.
    https://www.sjhardware.com/product/t...-jam-follower/

I currently have the type 3 follower from when I got the +1 mag tube extension, and although I notice an improvement with friction and loading, there’s one quibble due to the short length of the projection cone. There are instances where a shell might get stuck in this “gap” from the mag tube when lifted up to the chamber when operating the pump.

The default Benelli follower is a bit longer than the type 3, so this doesn’t happen. The type 5 looks like it would resolve the issue due to the longer projection cone.

I also measured both type 3 and Benelli follower diameters with callipers and the Benelli is slightly wider than the type 3, so I’m hoping the type 5 would be an option (it mentioned it is a bit wider diameter online).

EDIT
    Tried to add pics but can only do URL and not upload
    Last edited by aboynamedsuita; 02-02-2022 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aboynamedsuita View Post
    wondering if the type 5 follower has been tested with the Benelli Supernova, or if you think it would work? I saw online it has been tested with some shotguns, but not Benelli.
    https://www.sjhardware.com/product/t...-jam-follower/

I currently have the type 3 follower from when I got the +1 mag tube extension, and although I notice an improvement with friction and loading, there’s one quibble due to the short length of the projection cone. There are instances where a shell might get stuck in this “gap” from the mag tube when lifted up to the chamber when operating the pump.

The default Benelli follower is a bit longer than the type 3, so this doesn’t happen. The type 5 looks like it would resolve the issue due to the longer projection cone.

I also measured both type 3 and Benelli follower diameters with callipers and the Benelli is slightly wider than the type 3, so I’m hoping the type 5 would be an option (it mentioned it is a bit wider diameter online).

EDIT
    Tried to add pics but can only do URL and not upload
    Good morning
    Currently we are testing 2 new modules
    Most of our followers o.d are .900 +/- 1thou Most of the Turkish and Italian shotguns are around .909 to .910
    We are testing both the type 3 and the type 5 design in
    As most followers are flat faced or require a small bump of thr face. We feel the type 3 in .910 will be the default for the "metric" tube.
    But the benelli nova follower is unique. Much like the Ithica 37. So we will be testing the type 5 in .910 Shortly.
    We are waiting on a booking order with benelli which includes a bunch of benelli nova shotguns.
    We will do a bunch of testing then.
    Bbb

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    Good morning
    Currently we are testing 2 new modules
    Most of our followers o.d are .900 +/- 1thou Most of the Turkish and Italian shotguns are around .909 to .910
    We are testing both the type 3 and the type 5 design in
    As most followers are flat faced or require a small bump of thr face. We feel the type 3 in .910 will be the default for the "metric" tube.
    But the benelli nova follower is unique. Much like the Ithica 37. So we will be testing the type 5 in .910 Shortly.
    We are waiting on a booking order with benelli which includes a bunch of benelli nova shotguns.
    We will do a bunch of testing then.
    Bbb
    Thanks for the info. I was tempted to take a chance and try one myself too, but unfortunately shipping by parcel costs about the same as one follower itself. I sent an email with a few pictures showing the “gap” situation, but I’m sure you’re already aware. The type 3 works well for the most part in the Benelli supernova, unless I tilt it downward and pull the forehand back slowly, which allows a shell/snapcap to fall back into the “gap” before pushing the forend forward, which prevents lifting and chambering. I can usually adjust my technique, but that may not always be the case depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by aboynamedsuita View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was tempted to take a chance and try one myself too, but unfortunately shipping by parcel costs about the same as one follower itself. I sent an email with a few pictures showing the “gap” situation, but I’m sure you’re already aware. The type 3 works well for the most part in the Benelli supernova, unless I tilt it downward and pull the forehand back slowly, which allows a shell/snapcap to fall back into the “gap” before pushing the forend forward, which prevents lifting and chambering. I can usually adjust my technique, but that may not always be the case depending on the situation.
    Yes we did get them . And thank you.
    As for shipping.
    Nothing we can do about that.
    We rarely have clients order just
    A follower . I can see why that would be hard to swallow the shipping.

Maybe ask you local dealer if they stock our products.

…….
    Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 02-13-2022 at 02:36 PM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    Yes we did get them . And thank you.
    As for shipping.
    Nothing we can do about that.
    We rarely have clients order just
    A follower . I can see why that would be hard to swallow the shipping.

Maybe ask you local dealer if they stock our products.
    I understand about the shipping, if there were the shotgun cards in stock or other items I needed to get it would be easier to justify, otherwise the shipping and follower cost about the same. If the type 5 was tested/proven to work 100% with the Benelli nova/supernova it’d ease some of the uncertainty, but I think it would be best to ensure it is tested to meet your performance/quality standards. I can’t tell from the pictures alone, but the tapered projection cone on the type 5 almost looks about the same length (or just a little bit shorter) than the Benelli supernova, so may be “close enough”, or perhaps there may be a type 6 follower if there’s enough market for a specific one.

Next time I’m at my LGS I’ll mention they should consider stocking your products, it would be nice to see more Canadian made goods. They seem to have a lot of the run-of-the-mill mainstream brands.

Btt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast